April 10th is a new beginning!

Monique H.
on 3/19/07 1:53 am - Thorhild, Canada
I am new around here ... and I just found this message board today .... where has it been all my life? I have been waiting for this for over 2 years, and it is finally just right around the corner. As it is for all of us. I have been reading alot of posts these past few days and I see so many people admitting that they recognize that they are emotional eaters and that played a big part in their weight gain... I have been doing alot of work on myself in figuring out why I am the emotional eater that I am, so that once the surgery is done, I don't fall back into that routine that I have lived in for years. Has anyone else been working on themselves mentally - gearing up for their surgery? I never really thought about how emotional this entire journey was going to be. I have a fairly good support system, even though my mom doesn't want me to have surgery, and I can't really talk to my husband about things - he tries, but he just doesn't get it. So, I guess the reason I signed up to this site is to find people to extend my support group - but mostly to talk to. Any takers? Monique 22 days and counting
DoubleDee
on 3/19/07 6:18 am - Holland, MI
Monique, Guilty. I eat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, depressed, celebrating, or in mourning. It doesn't matter. And yes I'm working on getting mentally prepared. That will be the biggest battle for me. No magic bullets for that. Welcome to the A-team. Great thought provoking post. Keep them coming. DD
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/07 1:39 pm - waukegan, IL
CONGRATS . 4-10-07 IS A NEW BEGINNING FOR THE BOTH OF US . THATS MY SURGERY DATE TOO I FOUND OUT TODAY IM SO HAPPY I CRIED ALL DAY . TEARS OF JOY ,FEAR AND CONFUSION .THIS SITE IS WONDERFUL THERE ARE SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE HERE TO HELP . AND TO SUPPORT YOU. ITS AMAZING I DIDNT KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY NICE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. BUT SINCE WE ARE SURGERY DATE SISTERS [lol] WE HAVE TO KEEP IN TOUCH TO THE VERY END IF YOU NEED TO TALK WE CAN . IM HERE FOR YOU WE ALL NEED THE SUPPORT.
Maritza .
on 3/19/07 11:21 pm - Somewhere, KY
Yes! I did not realize that I was an emotional eater. Or I guess I was just in denial. I kept telling myself that I did not eat "that" much and that eating was NOT my problem. I had to take a good look at myself because I was just getting bigger and bigger. I would say well I have 3 kids. But I would see people with 4 or 5 kids and you could never tell it. I was always about 105 lbs in high shcool so ..... I went from that to my current weight today of 215 lbs! My date April 9th!!! M.Y.
Monique H.
on 3/20/07 2:22 am - Thorhild, Canada
Isn't it something when we realize that we are emotional eaters. You know it is something when we use food to celebrate, comfort, please and to hide behind. What an eye opener. But now that I am aware of this ... I really shouldn't have any excuses to binge, should I? I am nervous about being able to get past all of that, and not fall back into the old routines. Ahhh well take it as it comes I guess.
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1018 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views