Two year check up results

hudsonhl
on 5/21/09 1:20 am - AL
I just got into the office after my two year checkup with my doc.  Last year my b12 was borderline low.  this year it is high.  weird, but yay!  but, my ferritin was way low he said. 

also, when i told him that i was cold all  the time, even when others around me are comfortable, he said that he didn't think it was WLS related and to have my thyroid checked.

anyone else cold all the time?

i keep a light jacket on all the time.  the thermostat at work says its 70 and i'm still not comfortable.  at home i practically live under a thermal blanket.

thanks,
Heather
JoniKspring07
on 5/21/09 1:45 am - onaway, MI
I am cold most of the time too.  Maybe not as cold as you describe, but cold.  I don't even care about air conditioning anymore.  I used to be so hot all the time!  Now my husband and I argue about the temp of the house all the time!

hudsonhl
on 5/21/09 1:49 am - AL
Have you had your thyroid checked?  That's what my doctor suggested.
I looked it up on the internet about the low ferritin and apparently that happens alot with hypothyroid.  I called my primary doc to schedule an appt.  It would be wonderful to not be cold all the time.
scoobydoo
on 5/21/09 12:32 pm - Orland, CA
I am glad your appt went well. Did you get other answers to some of your issues? It is always nice to be able to go over things with the expert.
I also get cold very easily. 70 is not warm enough for me. I have had to turn on my space heater at work when the AC gets too cold. I keep lots of hoodies and other coats around-I was not low on anything on my bloodwork either. This seems to be something ALOT of us WLS graduates suffer from.
Hope you are feeling better!
Consult/Goal/Current
282/165/183lbs

hudsonhl
on 5/21/09 11:04 pm - AL
I did.  I told him about the pain i was having and the other problems.  he said to come in next time because he couldn't tell anything was wrong right now.  he said that most likely the pain was caused by the constipation and that i should stay hydrated and eat more fiber rich foods.  my proteins were very good so he wasn't worried about me not getting enough of that.

Thanks.
PamT
on 5/22/09 10:28 pm - Downey, CA
Heather,

I'm cold often too and I'm in CA!!  I used to almost NEVER wear a sweater or jacket and now I always grab one when leaving the house. And I always sleep with a heating pad on my feet at night! 

Sounds like your 2 year check up was good!  Congrats on that and I hope you had the chance to get all your questions answered by the doc!

Pam T
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 981 views
Hello Again