Challenges at 2 years out- antidepressants- iron-vit D

Shellye
on 5/31/09 11:54 am - IN

My 2 year anniversary was April 17th,  The good news is is that I am 50% of what I weighed at surgery- 287down to 144. 

However I am hypothyroid, low on iron and low on vitamin D.

I am also having MAJOR problems with anxiety and depression.  I am on meds and they are not helping.

I am on Pristiq 50 mg a day and was upped to 2 x a day May 10th.  Still not helping  Also taking Cytomel for throyoid (hypo) and klonipin but depression and anxiety bad enough that I am in evening IOP program for the next 3-6 weeks.

Anyone have experience-insite to antidepressant/ anti-anxiety meds 2 years out Roux en-Y?

Shel

jackntom
on 6/1/09 5:25 am - Mabelvale, AR
I feel like I have been on every anti depressant made in the last year, I finally sought the help of a psychiatrist, and we have finally come up with a pill that works for me, I am currently taking prozac and it seems to help alot more than anything else I have taken
Jackie
pre-op/current/my goal
283/171/180
Lisa A.
on 6/1/09 6:07 am
I want to say first of all so  sorry u r going threw this ordeal I had major issues with major depression and anxiety that landed me in mental ward for a week. I am happy to report I am off all meds and seem to be most part symptom free now.I had many hours of coutless hours of therpy etc. I truely feel all my heath issues were hormonal driven and food additive driven way before I had weight loss surgery I chage my eating to organic natural food base diet. I think we are killing ourselves additives and chemical and artificial sweetners. I also feel drugs for antidepression were not a good thing and I purged my system of zero meds except surgery or illness. I was a mess and i truely beleive it is what we put in our bodies is posioning us slowly. I drink organic based milk. I use wheat that is freeshly ground. I drink nothing with caffine or artificial sweetners. I eat orgaic fresh fruit and veggies. I also added flax seed to my diet to help with hormal shift and I eat yams which also helps with perimenopause. I do not eat any soy base protien  food because they can play havoic on hormones and I feel they are very dangerious for woman in my opnion, I use whey based  protien. I also eat organic beans rice and organic grains. My hubby is RNY and is on what I call clean diet. I use meat that is hormonal free. I am happy to report I am off all meds and feel great and healthier. I just think if u stick to basic foods with out pesticides hormones and organic base is the best way to eat.My sister kathy is fighting cancer and was not a clean eater even tho she was weight countious and went threw havoic and took meds and she ended up with cancer as oppose to my mother and older sister eat like I do. Clean and healty and so far no signs or cancer. I can not help wonder if my sister adopted the clean eating heathy food diet is she would be cancer free, I truely believe u r what u eat. Well anyway just food and some knowledge for thought. I think we all will have to see what works for us and for me I refuse to fil my body with posionious food additvies, May  cost more but I feel taking meds cost u money as well. GOOD LUCK
Lisa
hudsonhl
on 6/2/09 1:58 am - AL
my anniversary was the 30th of April.  when i went in for my two year check up my surgeon suggested that i get my thyroid checked.  i'm still waiting on those results and i have an appt scheduled for an ultrasound of my thyroid tomorrow.  my iron was very low and he told me to have it checked regularly by my pcp because if it went lower i would need infusions.  i've struggled with depression and anxiety for over a year now.  i completely understand how you feel.

i don't have any insight into the meds.  i was on cymbalta.  it helped for a while and then really wasn't worth the side effects.  i've started journaling all my feelings and it has helped some.  the depression and anxiety are still there but i'm dealing with them better.

i hope you find what works for you.

good luck and best wishes.

Heather

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers