still don't know what's wrong

hudsonhl
on 6/3/09 11:49 pm - AL
At my 2 year appt, my surgeon suggested that i go get my thyroid check becuase i was cold all the time, tired, and just basically didn't feel good.  Well, i did that and all my levels came back normal.  which is great, but i still don't know what's dragging me down so much and keeping me cold.  I certainly don't want anything to be wrong but i don't want all this misery to be in my head either.

just venting.  if anyone has any suggestions, i would be greatful.

Thanks!
shar S.
on 6/4/09 1:15 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
I am cold all the time, too. We have lost our insulation. We used to have many layers of fat surrounding our bodies and now we don't. This is always a result of a large amount of weight loss. I really don't think it's a major concern,but, this is just my opinion. My advice....put on a sweater! tha's what I do

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

hudsonhl
on 6/4/09 1:43 am - AL
I keep a sweater on and when i'm at home i stay under a heating blanket.  my husband thinks i'm crazy.  he'll be warm and i'll be shaking.

i'm just glad it's finally getting hot and staying hot around here.

Have you had any trouble with being tired all the time too?  i'm tired and have been for so long that i'm just in an irritable mood all the time.  could that be related to low ferritin?  my b12 was actually high at my last checkup.

thanks for the reply.
shar S.
on 6/4/09 9:21 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
check your vitamin D level....mine was very low. I feel much better now that it's at a normal level.

Create Your Own Ticker

Lisa A.
on 6/7/09 11:04 am
When I am cold it means I am losing weight and when I am not means I am gaining. I go to movies and I am freezing all the time. I am not use to it, My doc told me I could be going threw the change and be experience cold flashes instead of hot flashes but I know what u mean it sucks being cold all the time. I had all lab test done and nothing came back abnormal . I do find exercising helps with my cold issues for a few hours but does help for a few hours then back to being cold
Good luck hon and hang in there
Lisa

hudsonhl
on 6/8/09 12:32 am - AL
i've gained about 10 lbs over the last few months and i am still cold.  never heard of cold flashes but not only am i too young but it's not flashes.  i get cold and stay cold.  i keep a jacket on a work while everyone else has on short sleeves and my electric blanket is my best friend at home.
admittedly, i haven't been exercising like i should.  i keep telling myself i'm going to get started back but just haven't had the energy or the willpower to do it.
Thanks.  Hope you had a nice vacation.
Heather
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 981 views