I have been away far too long....

L.A. B.
on 6/18/09 6:09 pm - OH
How is everyone doing? I've missed you all but to be honest I stopped coming because I wanted to "act" like a normal person again and pretend I never had surgery. Guess where that got me? 10 lbs heavier!!! Boy, have I been stupid thinking I could just "act" like a normal person again and have no regards to what I eat. I noticed some of my old habits have come back and now I'm paying the price. I was 135 and I'm up to 145 now. I want to lose those nasty 10 lbs and fast before they turn into 50! And I want to try to make it a habit of chekcing in more often. With it being summer I'm not on the computer as much but I know I need to check in more frequently for the encouragement and accountability.

Any suggestions on getting my pouch back to the way it was?
Lisa A.
on 6/19/09 1:34 am
Hi Lisa
Why we are here to help each other.. I love the A team  because we might be a smaller group now but we all started the  WLS surgery together. We have this common bond. I know that we are dealing with many same symptoms weight gain no longer able lose weight and just holding on to not gaining weight. I hear ya  just want to be a normal person. I have to admit I am a recovering foodaholic. I have a addition problem, I really had to look at my self seriously and figure that I did not get to 295 lbs from just loving food to much I was morbid obese not just overweight. This is a life time battle. for me.I am glad your alarm went off after a 10 lb weight gain. That is great u know u need help.. I think the old us would not respond to alarm and JUST CONTINUE TO gain. We all worked so hard to lose this weight . I see so many people after wls gain weight and most admitted they gave up on suppot and accountability and then weight kept creeping up  and then the embaressment of gaining and the cycle of failure continues,, I sure hope more people like you who are sliding and gaining and old habits are creeping in come back into the fold. I need you just as much as u need us. I am in mode  I am sick of weight loss talk etc but u know what I have to realize weight gain never takes a day off. I been battling drinking soda again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. I found out I can drink it and I am so worried. I am so sick of my sugar free drinks and heat that the soda feels so good going down ugh.. I got to fight this..We all have our demends.. I am so upset with my self drinking soda again.. But now that I have confessed this and being accountiable I will have to actually do something about it. RIGHT?????
Welcomeback hon we have your seat here on bench, Everyone is welcomed back ..

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 981 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1126 views