What is eating at you today

Lisa A.
on 7/12/09 11:08 pm
Children can be the life of us sometimesNot to mention yes drama, Ok true confessions of a morbid obese woman I know that all to well what children can do for you. I  just learned that my daughter's(Alisha) last boyfriend whom she was involved with and almost married is in ICU and  on life support system with a tramatic brain injury, I am thinking wow this could have been my daughter's life I know she was in shock when her sister broke her the news yesterday, Sad reality is his parents must be devistated.

Soon it will be a year since my daughter Angelica had a stroke and sometimes I complain  dealing with a severly handicap Adult child and now  after reading Rhonda post about her sons car accidnet  gives me a dose of humble pie and I am thankful she is alive and even tho many of her dreams and my dreams for her were rerouted and perhaps cut short for her.I just need to remember m y daughter  Ashley does not have her daughter to hug hold and watch her grow. Cannot believe we are comming up on 3 years since our beloved 12 month old granddaughter died of SUDC (SUDDEN UNEXPLAINED DEATH IN CHILDHOOD). My twins have been gone for 28 years and I know how I death with ther death with food. I see my daughter getting heavier and heavier  since Katie died . We got to be morbid obese from drama in our life I feel
Just now we are talking about it and not hiding behind ice cream cookies cakes and fatting  up foods. I was baking up a storm yesterday knowing good and well I could not (Lap BAND my tool was doing it's job) when I am weak  , I had lost my temper with my daughter (the one with stroke) as she was not getting ready for church fast enough , Yup real chirst like behaviour going on here NOT  So what did I do was cooking bad food and it took me awhile to realize my old habbits were kicking in, I feel like the worst mom on earth sometimes. I mean yesterday was just werid as it seems our church family had a run on severly handicapp kids. Like a cluster of 15 kids that are really handicap and I admire those moms as them seem to be  doing a better job than me, I had mildly autistic kids and since her stroke it made her physcially impared as well and I am not dealing with this to well, I must admit. I have been in therpy with other mothers and they assure me my feeling are pretty normal and yes it can be over whelming at times just hard for me as I fEEL I am not a very nuturing person I feel so sub standard as far as a mothering goes. I sometinmes wonder what was I thinking Having so many kids? My mother as a role model for me was her passed out on floor from booze and pills, My mother is no longer like that and turned her life around when I went to high school and spents the rest of her remainig years being a amazing mom. So far my other daughters are turning out to be great moms but no thanks to me trsut me they just knew they wanted to be a  better mom the probally never really had. This is what is eating at me today.  How about you?
Lisa
shar S.
on 7/13/09 2:23 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
Lisa,
I think being a parent is the hardest job in the world. And when we get the job pf "MOM" we are not given a job description and/or a manual of how to perform the job. We all do the best we can. I am sure you have been an amazing mother to your kids. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have said things we don't mean to our kids, or acted in a terrible way. But we love them and they know it,
As a single mom since my daughter was a year old...I have done it all alone. Other than financially, I have loved every minute of it. But now the teenage years have set in and I am ready to either kill her, or myself. Some days I just want to run away from it all. But, we can't. And, we won't. So be calm, stay cool and in your mind, know thast you are a loving mom and dedicated to your kids.

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 916 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1023 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 983 views