Hip Replacement

Joanne G.
on 8/3/09 12:17 pm - Vernon Rockville, CT
 Hi Everyone I just want to give you an update on my health..Most of you know that I have now lost 135 lbs. I am now having hip problems it turns out I need left hip replacement surgery on August 11,  well they found out through blood test that I may have an infection in that hip and so on Monday I have to go to Hartford Hospital and have fluid taken out of the left hip to see if there is infection...by the way they take the fluid out by a looooong  needle then they will let me know if my surgery date will need to be changed or not... (I just got the call there is no infection and the surgery is still on for Aug 11  I will be in HH until the Friday Aug.14th then I will be going into Woodlake Nursing home for 10 days - 2 weeks for the Rehab....

Lisa A.
on 8/8/09 1:38 am
I am so sorry u r needing to have a hip replacement.
I decided that when I was getting so big like all the pts i was transporting for the ambulance company was for hip problems pts  and weight related and it was a strong drive to help me lose weight as my hips were just killing me. I guess u did not dodge the bullet  on this one.. Ugh but u will be well on your way to less pain and getting around better. I know we all are greatful  for losing the weight but some of us have to deal with the lasting effects of obesity . Talk about paying the piper.. Getting old sucks
Lisa
Joanne G.
on 8/8/09 12:21 pm - Vernon Rockville, CT
I saw the older folks with hip problems and knee problems plus my older sister who could not get out of her recliner that's when I made the choice I wish I made it sooner Today my total lose is 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views