also checking in

camaib
on 9/6/09 5:25 pm - AK

I had WLS April 2007. Started at 310, went down to 215 and now am at 222. I am having many of the same concerns that I see on here.. weight gain, not being motivated to adhere to the pouch rules.. and now I am having terrible pain in my hips and thighs. It feels muscular. Stretching helps as done a warm bath. any ideas? I don't feel like the pain is coming from within the hip itself.

Camai

Lisa A.
on 9/7/09 6:44 am
I think when we lose so much weight like we did is like picking heavy fruit on a tree and now that we hacve heast the fruit (weight loss out bodies are adust to less weight on our bones and take our bodies to adjust to less weight and the pain is from the dramactic weight loss. I still have pain in my tummy /back when i have a rigerious work out .Just make sure u r not lacking calcium and maybe ask your doc for bone density scan. My hubby found out even with daily 600 miligrams and vit d and  once a year Iv infusion of reclasp he is still getting bone loss from his gastric by pass. His symptoms were pain in the hips, Even with supplaments  and he was extrenlu good about taking them was not enought to prevent bone loss. He fights it and boniva was not help and reclasp has slowed bone loss but still and grave concern  for him he continues to lose 4% a yesr
GOOD LUCK Camai
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again