Happy New year Late

Lisa A.
on 1/5/10 12:49 am
I am so sorry I have not been around but it has been a nightmare going on, As most of u know my oldest son Kyle is a lap bander and has lost over 130 lbs in a year but over the last month has had some lap band complication brought on by frequent nose bleeds and vomiting cycles. On new year day my son had emergency surgery and hopes of saving the band but was short lived and had emergency surgery to remove the band completely yesterday , We are home now and he is recovering very well post surgeries but he is  sadden to lose his band but we are very proud of him going from 313 lbs to 186 lbs in one year. We hope he can keep the weight off and  not all is  a failure as he did lose the weight he did need to lose and looks amazing , I am so proud of his acomplisment and  even tho this is a set back it does not mean he has lost the battle of bulge. I did find that removing all the fill of the band u r greater chance of slippage as that is what happened when they tried let his stomach recover from frequent nose bleeds in middle of  night (draining blood in his stomach ) and unfortunutley his nose bleeds were occurring when we were out of town holidays and weekends when his ent was not in office, They could not find where his nose bleeds were comming from Ugh .. so was bad timing and bad luck
I am holding at 172 and decided to focus on eating better but I am so glad to have a tool and now that my son lost his band I need to set a better example of good food choices and watch my liquid calories I decided to stop my starbuck vanilla bean frapichino binge .
I am still facing the braca cancer gene issue and working on getting a total hysterectomy and when u have complete one they have to build a pelvic floor and is more invasive then just a regular hysterectomy . I am heading to ucla for breast issues and decide which course I will take
I am trying to recover from a new years starting off on a unsteady footing  but i refuse to  think my year will be all bad now. I figure it is up to me to think positive,I see this year as a year of change and avoiding cancer and making good choices. I am scared and confused what road to take as far as avoiding cancer but all I do know is I am in much better health and greatful for losing my weight and if i had been 300 lbs my choices would have been limited, I am greatful for losing what I have . I  am happy to be 172 not 295 lbs bottom line
xoxox
Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 913 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1018 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views