Sunday check in

shar S.
on 1/30/10 10:25 pm - Buffalo Grove, IL
Good morning from freezing Chicago.
I am running off to work but I am able to take a minute to do this. I know I have been missing a few weeks here and there and I promisde to be more diligent about this posting.
I am OK...up just a few pounds but I know I will quickly get rid of them. My capacity for food seems to be enormous. I know it's not as big as before surgery but it's a helluva lot more since surgery. I just need to fill my ouch with good things instead of bad.
I hope everyone is OK. Lisa..I think about you every day and pray for you and your family. Dee,it's so good to have you back again. Will you be going to Dr. F for your 3rd year visit? If so, let's make it on the same date so we can meet up again. Cindy.......I am thrilled you are feeling better.
I love all of you and want you to know how much each and every one of you have helped me throughout our ordeal
Have a good week

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

deelight152
on 2/2/10 7:36 am - Down South, IL
I always have such negative things to say soo before I start my usual I just have to say that yesterday was by far one of the best momemts in my life. As you all knkow my son nick has autism he is high functioning thank god, but still has many obstacles. well yesterday for the first time ever he kissed me. He is 9 and never has givin me a kiss. When ever I say hey nick give me a kiss goodnight he always just leans over and gives me his cheek. Last night before he went to bed he leaned over and kissed my cheek and said goodnight. I was in tears like I am right now. Autism has robbed so many little things that most take for granted. Last night it gave me one back!

You know I am so happy right now for once I wont even bring up the negative for one post I just want to be blissfully happy!!

I miss you guys have a super week ! Shar I am going to go to my 3 year check up have not set the date I need to get my bloodwork done first probally will be in april. I will let you know so we can meet up.
shar S.
on 2/2/10 8:01 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
Dee.that was the bestest news you could ever share!!! I am so happy for you.

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

Lisa A.
on 2/3/10 9:09 pm, edited 2/3/10 9:12 pm

Hey Everyone!!! Well my life has been on a rollar coaster as u all know up down up down and I am not just talking the scale but more like lifes  being  on a rollar coaster and it feels like I must have ticked off their rollar coaster operator and he is not letting me off.
My father in law died on tuesday  after many years of suffering and we were by his bedside. Very hard to watch two people I have cared for  (Hubbies parents) pass away.I am sometimes have no idea if I am comming or going. My sister in law died last week and her services will be  feb 13 and my father will be on sunday/mon Feb 7/8.My hubbies family is just over whelmed with the death of recent family members.
Thanks Shar for your prayers. I am still scheduled for my surgery Feb 22 abd I am not even emotional  have accepted it is for real just have not had a moment to even digest what is about to happen  and the  event that is about to take place I have thought about post poing it  and I am on the verge of just  forgoing it but yesterday I taked to my sister and her battle of post chemo problems and it was then I realized I need to do this. I am stressed out to the max is a understatement. I am just trying to catch up on family life and and my poor kids I feel are just been negleted threw all this. I broke down to my daughter yesterday on the phone with her in a dept store dressing room. She is planning a temple sealing right after my surgery and I was thinking well I hope I can make it post surgery, This is a big day  for her. We were looking for a white dress to fit her swollen 5 month tummy and she was kinda embaressed looking at wedding dresses and she felt she had to explain I been married 6 years just doing a religious sealing in the temple,I told her my daughter most people dont even Bat a eye u r pregnant but I must admit none were gowns were gonna fit  her. We are doing online shopping now LOL

Dee being a mother of two autistic kids I know how it feels to reach a mile stone which alot take for granted a Kiss or perhaps a hug, My son is autistic that is 23 and he is doing amazing well. He does have a hard time with processing stress and the death of his grandparents and aunt has take a toll on him and sadly most teachers at the univ he attends do not give a rats A$$ I told him u need to realized  your feelings are normal, He just has a hard time processing emotions he does feel. I think his autism  has soften over th last few years and he is dating on ocassion
I can see u beaming over from  her Dee
Hugs to everyone
I will post when  get back from the funeral, My weight is up and actually very shocked at I am up to 175 lbs  and I am thinking I have hardly eaten over days but What i been eating has been dense calories, I am not gonna stress over it and  figure I can take this off but it was import to post my weight gain  in the hall of shame for me LOL But this is  my 175 get off my butt  number and do something about knocking off the weight. I will try to be better,I need to be in 160 something I feel better in that range.I figured I am never gonna be 140 or even 150 something but I am very very healthy with my labs and that is what the doc told me I am extremly.Oh so for a 51 year old she told me most people are not as healthy as u bottom line and she said u have great numbers nothing is abnormal range I got a A+ on my labs. I got to be doing something right.

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views