Where was I 3 years ago today????

shar S.
on 4/4/10 2:19 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
WOW.so hard to believe that 3 years ago, at this moment, I was in the middle of an 8 hour surgery that would change my life!!
Today, 3 years later, I am a changed and new person. Although I may not be where I want to be with my weight, I sure am NOT where I was. Weighing close to 350 pounds was pure hell. And now, hovering around 199, life is GREAT.
I just returned from Florida late last night. It felt great to walk around in a bathing suit and short skirts.and I Loved seeing childhood friends and not beig embarrassed how I look.
You guys have been my rock. I am so proud to share my journey with you!

Create Your Own Ticker

Lisa A.
on 4/4/10 9:15 pm
I must admit  hard to beleive just 3 years ago I was nearly 300 lbs. I want to thank everyone for being my cheer leader. during these past 3 years and even tho most have moved on and maybe only come by to read and for what ever reason  not posting but then it dawned on me this morning. We are maybe a small group that may post but others who come here are perhaps looking at how people do years out from surgery , I think we owe it here to help others combating obesity and those considering surgery and perhaps what type of surgery. I am so glad for my self to have the lap band even tho at one time I felt I had made the wrong mistake. I would like to extend a invatation to anyone wanting info on weight loss surgery please feel free to post here,, I welcome anyone reading this  to post your thoughts good or bad OR to just say hI. My weight post girl scoutt cookies up to 172 ugh.. my weakness  and luck would have it hubby bought them and I have no will power when it comes to them but now I have cookie remourse now and it is back to gym and back on track for me..  I think it is all about getting back on track
. Oh yeah I have a new fast food eating to help me  Carls jr has this grilled chicken walnut ,cranberry and apple salad with rasberry vingerette. I can only eat maybe half the salad and salad is 300 calories and if you use the whole pkg of dressing u need to add 150 calories but i get away with only using at most 1/2 of the dressing.  Not bad choice  for fast food but I eat half and save it for next day or even share with hubby, 
Shar glad u had some R and R. 
 EVERYONE ELSE?

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 981 views