Sunday check in......good things we do

shar S.
on 5/2/10 8:05 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
Good morning . OK,,,so it is May, and we have all passed the 3 year anniversary of our surgeries. We have lost some, but not all. A lot are lurking and refuse to say hello.but some of us are still here, and will be forever!
So, I was thinking............we're going through hard times. But , we've also come a very long way. there are still some things that I do for myself, as I did since the day I had surgery. And that's a good thing, I need to remind myself of the positives , so I suggest we all do that.
Here is my list of good, positive behavior that I have continued to do for the past 3 years:
1) I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
2) I take all of my vitamins and supplements daily
3) I weigh myself daily (this is a positive behavior for me, but maybe not for some)
4) I never drink with my meals, and I wait 30-60 minutes after a meal, then I drink
5) I have a protein shake every morning
6) I never drink carbonated drinks
7) I count my daily intake of protein grams
8) I get my bloodwork done every 6 months
9) I try to exercise as much as possible, for me
10) I occassionally still go to support group meetings

So, that is my list. There may be more. Now, don't get me wrong...I could probably make a list of negative behaviors.....but why?? Let's think positively, and work from that prospective.

Tell me your list!

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

RhondaT
on 5/4/10 11:14 pm - Conway, AR
Hey Shar! Just getting around to checking in...had the Grandbaby this week! We have a festival every year to raise $$ for the 3 colleges here in town. My Grandbaby won 1st place in the "Baby Crawl" contest! He got a trophy & ribbon! Babies are so sweet! As far as me, well I am still trying to focus on me...trying to get back to taking my vitimins everyday! I just can't seem to get back into a routine! I think I need to try some shakes again. I saw where you have one every morning! Think I will try that. I have so many in my pantry, i need to try to find one I like. Dr. put me on cholesterol meds several months ago. Been having leg cramps, tiredness and weight gain. Finally got off them this week and am already feeling better. Now, to try and get these extra pounds off!
I hope everyone is enjoying this weather!

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 914 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 912 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1017 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 982 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1127 views