shape ups

karen G.
on 9/19/10 9:42 am - Phoenix, AZ

Hello.  Good to see my original family still here.

I bought myself a pair of those shape up tennies in an effort to "bonus" my walks and help my buns, and they really messed up my knees! *grrr*.  Walking has been my main venue for keeping my metabolism, and to top if off,the weather got really hot, so I took a break from walking all together this summer, in hopes that my knees would recover.

Now, i'm shocked at how fast weight has come back on.  Having to re-establish walking patterns has been a struggle, and the AZ heat has not let up.  It's pretty depressing at times, so tired of the struggle.  I'm wondering how you are doing, and if you've had relapses, how you handled it.

Any new tips or products I've missed out on?  My hubby had 5bypass surgery last week, so we're going to try to work together on excersize and food, both.  He's so new to it, is a feat to direct him and have some support at home.  =0)

Hope you are well

-Karen

Lisa A.
on 10/24/10 5:35 am

Karen\
I think this is where true failure in weight loss shows up when we stop the support groups or we stop support each other. I know I am very guility of this and we all get tired of the weight loss talk etc more  exciting to share our sucess and brag the pounds we lost but more shame comes in to play with weight gain. I am very upset I gained weight and today I need to stop the gaining more.. I bet u  good money most left because they feel ashamed they gained. I was guilty of that  ..ALSO.. 
I bet it is very exciting to time for your hubby and I hope you will energizie  and jump start you. My one son that lost his lap band and had it removed gained about 90 lbs back  had a new lap band installed last month and had his first fill yesterday and i had my unfill yesterday. I feel so scared now of gaining . My surgery is nov 2 so I hope I will be ok and i go in nov 13 for a fill agains so 3 weeks i can pack weight on i find. So I am heading it and eating salads more and veggies with small amount of protien and exercise is kinda out of the question but i do keep moving.  I hope u continuend  sucess in the future
Lisa

karen G.
on 10/24/10 8:46 am - Phoenix, AZ

Thanks Lisa

For what it's worth, I think you are wonderful.  You've supplied me with lots of inspiration over the years.  I truely thought that my days of being hungry were behind me when I had this surgery... alas, it is not so.  But I am still glad I've gone down the path I have been on.  I think a lot of life is just enjoying the ride and playing the cards you are dealt.  I had RNY knowing that I'm not disciplined enough to keep going back to the doctor all the time for fills and adjustments... now am thinking that it may have been better, to have that monitoring.  IDK... =0)  but I am used to the lifelong struggle so it's gonna be ok.

Good luck to you and your son too.  I hope the path is smoother.

-Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 912 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 910 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1012 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 978 views
Hello Again