Recent Posts

winz90
on 11/7/09 2:30 am - Cody, WY
Topic: RE: April 27th will be 6 months post op.
Thanks for the information, I will look up the plateau busters diet. Congrats on 39 pounds to go. That number for me is hard to visualize.
Rhonda    
I_love_my_soldier
on 11/6/09 11:21 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Topic: RE: April 27th will be 6 months post op.
Hi there! Congrats on the w/l! Doing great! 120lbs is awesome! I am down 75 since April 30. Good for you! 
As far as the plateau... I get them all the time. I found that nothing I do stops them... I know there is a platuea busters diet, but I have not tried it. For me, when I get them, they last anywhere from a week to three weeks, and they naturally stop on their own. Nothing I do changes it. People will tell you to up your calories, change your diet, increase water or protein, etc..nothing ever worked for me. It had to happen naturally because my body is adjusting. BUT- I do know that I am losing inches at that time. My skin gets very itchy and dry and I feel my clothes getting larger, then the weightloss follows.
Good luck! 

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

I_love_my_soldier
on 11/6/09 11:13 pm - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Topic: RE: 6 Months Post Op....How are you feeling!
I am 6 months out as of last week. I am down 75lbs and I feel good too. I still have a hard time eating some foods and if I eat too fast (still trying to break that after 6 months) or I do not chew well or I eat carbs, I get food stuck or I get sick. It happened just last night. I had a piece of toast , I never eat after dinner, but I was really wanting something, so I had a piece of whole wheat toast with a little butter. It got so stuck and I was hurting for quite some time. It never fails. I am slightly used to it, but it is still annoying as crap sometimes. I still have a hard time with sugar and I want something to drink and water and crystal light are so blah after a while... so I want to get a sweet tea or an ice coffee (my favorite drinks) and I get sick as hell from the sugar.
Otherwise, all is well! I am happy! I went from a size 18 to a 12 so far. I hope I can continue to lose over the next 6 months! I seem to lose one week out of every 4-6 weeks. It is crazy that way, but at least I know when I will loose! It is usually right after my period, that week, I will lose a pound to a pound and a half a day for a week. LOL.

Hope everyone is great! If anyone wants to keep in touch I am on facebook! www.facebook.com/ethanlanesmom

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

dabrownx2
on 10/27/09 1:56 am

I was 6 months out earlier in the month and I feel terrific!
I am down about 57 lbs and about 40 left to goal. I find that I CONTINUALLY have to monitor my thinking to keep old habits from creeping back. I'm hopeful that one day, those negative thoughts will be a thing of the past.

On those days when I'm feeling bad because I can't (won't) eat something I really like (like high fat fried foods and gravy - yes I'm a southern girl!) I try to remember that my whole objective is to align my stated values (what I say) with my behavior (what I do). If I say my family is important to me, I can't act in a way that puts food (or anything else) ahead of them.  If I say my family is important, I need to reflect that in my behavior by taking good care of my health so that I'll be around a long time to see my kids grow up, etc.

The head issues are more of a struggle than the food issues at this point. I've taken up running and am training for a 1/2 marathon in December. I feel more confident and am continuing to gain confidence every day.

DeAnna

winz90
on 10/27/09 12:44 am - Cody, WY
Topic: April 27th will be 6 months post op.
 Hello everyone it has been son long since I have been on here. I have been very busy. I am down 120 pounds since my RNY. I feel really good. I have gone from a size 32-34 to a 22-24. I am very pleased. I am starting my pre surgery diet again to start my weight loss again. I have hit a plateau.  I have a long ways to go, 130 pounds. I am open to any suggestions.
Rhonda    
canadiandiva72
on 10/26/09 10:27 am - Leamington, Canada
Hi there,
I am also 6 months post op - in a couple of days...and I am feeling fantastic.  I wont say its been easy, although I have not vomited once since the surgery, I have pain when I eat too fast or eat meat that is not VERY soft!  Its frustrating sometimes.  The weight was coming off steady, but I have about 50lbs to go and it seems like its at a standstill.  Maybe I need to join a gym and do different exercises other than walking and biking???  My relationship has suffered greatly from my surgery.  My husband, who was very supportive of my obesity before, is now a VERY jealous man and is making my life crazy!  Its probably normal for the husband to feel this way, but very hard to deal with.

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/09 7:21 am - Batavia, NY
That is what is all about to be healthy and to geel good about yourself. I don't know if you feel this way but I have to constantly look at myself in the mirror. I am probably will always feel like a obese woman even though am no longer that way on the outside. I know this might sound weird. now do you work out?
WyoGirl
on 10/13/09 1:58 am - Casper, WY
Topic: 6 Months Post Op....How are you feeling!
 Today I am 6 months out. I have lost 122 pounds. I am only 1 pound away from my goal of 175 lbs. I am feeling so good about my new body and my weight loss. I truly love myself again! I am so happy with the decision I made to have the gastric bypass, and would encourage anyone who is thinking about wls. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself.

I am trying to think of all the things that I had reservations about before having surgery, so that I can share with others how I feel about those issues now. One of the major things that come to mind is how concerned I was with how my husband would react to the weight loss and if and how our relationship would change after surgery. Ben (my hubby) and I had a very strong relationship to begin with and although he was very supportive of weight loss, he was not supportive of the surgery itself. He was sure that something would go wrong during surgery and he would be left to raise our children alone. After a very successful surgery, he has continued to be my biggest supporter. Our relationship has continued to grow stronger, and he has a new found appreciation for my new body....LOL. And, although he would never admit it, he also has a new found jealousy of the attention that I have been getting. I can't really blame him though.....I would have snatched someone bald for trying to pick up my man right in front of me...lol.  

Some of the other issues that I am facing are with my weight loss. I am already at my goal with in 6 months and I am continuing to lose weight pretty steadily. I am at a point now where I am comfortable and happy with the weight that I am right now. I am still eating very small portions and should be at a point now where portions start increasing and my weight should be stabilizing, but that has not happened yet. I try not to get overwhelmed by it and just continue to eat what I can. 

I am eager and willing to answer any questions that anyone has for me. 

mcarmichae1
on 10/8/09 5:00 am
Topic: RE: September 2009 Check In's

I had RNY Apr 6 and no longer take metforman, diabetes is gone, bpm is being whittled down from 150 ml to 25. and i have lost 96 pounds. was wearing size24 and now have on 12 which are getting a little baggy on me. I am loving the journey with very few issues with food.

lswood_27
on 9/30/09 12:55 pm - IA
Topic: RE: September 2009 Check In's

Hello!!  I am just a few days shy of being 6 months post-op RNY and I have lost 105 lbs.  I was VERY excited to make the century club last month, however, I still have a ways to go before I make it to goal.  I did have a bout of dehydration in July, otherwise, I've been really fortunate in the respect that I haven't had any complications.  RNY has literally saved my life!  I can't begin to say how much of a blessing it has been for me!  I do worry - as I get further out - that I am eating too much (yes, I'm a bit obsessed with it!!)  It scares me to death to think of streaching my pouch...  May I ask, about how many calories do fellow-April RNY-ers eat in a day??  Any tips to offer on keeping the daily caloric intake low?  Thanks in advance for any input! 

~ Lindsey 
HW: 357 / CW: 180 / GW: 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views