Recent Posts

metamorphosis007
on 2/22/09 9:50 am
Topic: RE: April 7th!
I think it really varies from surgeon to surgeon. I must only do a liquid diet 48 hours before surgery and 2 weeks post op.

Congratulations on your surgery date, as well!
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
Tamilynn
on 2/22/09 7:01 am
Topic: RE: April 7th!
best wishes to you! ill be thinking of you as i pace the floor of my home as i have surgery the day after you! I am excited for you! i did alot of reasearch on the surgery types and if there was a surgeon on LI that did the switch i would have opted for that. It seems to have the best weightloss long term. I will have RNY on the 8th. Fingers crossed for me please i am so nervous.
tami

seem you on the lossers side!

do you have to do a preop liquid diet?

i have preop liquid for one week
after
liquids for one month
mushies one month
then on to regular food....

wondering what they have you do for the DS
metamorphosis007
on 2/22/09 2:41 am
Topic: April 7th!
April 7th, 2009 I will be undergoing Duodenal Switch with Dr. Keshishian in Delano, Ca! Woot woot!
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
DestaniCheri
on 2/21/09 10:34 pm
Topic: RE: April 20th
Good luck with everything. Mine is April 21st as well as my daughters. We are taking the plunge together!
dewy3
on 2/21/09 12:07 pm - Rochester, WA
Topic: RE: April 8th!
I understand what you mean saying everything went fast.  Mine did too.  I am looking forward to getting to the losing side of life.  I will put your date on my calendar and keep good thoughts and wishes going your way on the 8th.

Annaliese R.
on 2/21/09 10:45 am - Sydney, Australia
VSG on 04/01/09 with
Topic: RE: April 1st!
Thank you so much!

It's a little muggy today, we're getting over the bad bushfire weather here now.
And I can say the same for american accents haha! they sucker me in :)
I have to watch my mouth when I talk about thongs to my american friends, I usually have to correct myself by saying flip flops or they'll look at me weird haha.

And good luck to you too :) I hope all the best for your wls!
And i'll pass the luck to my mum :)

All the best <3

Annaliese
Tamilynn
on 2/21/09 9:43 am
Topic: April 8th!
April 8th here i come!

Feels weird like its not even happening. Everything went so fast. I had insurance approval in less than a week! Whoo Hooo empire blue cross blue sheild epo! No six month diet, just some tests diet history, medical clearance then a week later approved... this is going so fast! now i have to tell work! I cant wait!

tami
Tamilynn
on 2/21/09 9:39 am
Topic: RE: April 1st!

Good luck to you and your MUM :) That sounds so cute. I only had the option of band bypass or Switch. I will be going with bypass because i havent found any doctors on long island who do the switch.

Ive always wanted to go to australia! how is it on the other side of the earth? im assuming you are in summer since im freezing through winter hear! I dated a guy from australia once although i have to admit alot had to do with the accent! I have a funny story about how he wanted to where his thongs to the beach. Thongs are a much different thing here than they are there! made for some good laughter.

Again good luck to you! Im april 8th! Cant wait!

tami

Tamilynn
on 2/21/09 9:33 am
Topic: RE: April 20th
its so exciting but scary at the same time! Good luck to you!
Annaliese R.
on 2/19/09 10:26 am, edited 2/22/09 2:35 pm - Sydney, Australia
VSG on 04/01/09 with
Topic: April 1st!
So yesterday I got the date set!
April 1st! I'm sooo excited! I'm going to be doing this a few hours before my mum gets hers so we'll be doing this together :)

I'm getting the Gastric Sleeve due to my age (19) and my mother is getting the Gastric Bypass.

I have an appointment on the 10th of march to see my nutritionist who will tell me all about the foods to eat and avoid and all that jazz.

I can't wait!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views