Recent Posts

Sephia
on 4/29/10 9:08 am - Flint, MI
Topic: RE: April 13, 2009 people...
Congrats!!

Visit us at Motherhood after WLS !
Mom to 8 ~ Adelyn Grace arrived July 8, 2010!

Sephia
on 4/29/10 9:07 am, edited 4/29/10 9:10 am - Flint, MI
Topic: Surgiversary Updates
We've all made it a year now!

When was your surgery?
What type of surgery did you have?
Did you have any complications?

What have your results been?

What was the most difficult?

What was the easiest?

What are you happiest with?

What are you unhappy about?

What are some of you size stats?
-Clothes
-Shoes
-Rings
-Other

What was your highest weight:
What was your weight at time of surgery:
What is your current weight:
What is your goal weight:
MelissaKM
on 3/14/10 10:01 am
Topic: April 13, 2009 people...
I haven't been on here in awhile and wanted to check on everyone. We are 11 months post-op as of yesterday. I am at 138 lbs now. I've lost 100lbs since surgery. I have added my before and afters on my profile. If you can't see them let me know and I will repost.

Sephia
on 1/21/10 1:29 pm - Flint, MI
Topic: RE: January Updates Add Your Before & Current Pictures
Highest Weight: 326lbs
Current Weight: (lowest weight) 196
Goal Weight: 150
Total weight loss so far: -130lbs

Best WOW moment you've had so far? I was able to go into Old Navy and buy off the rack! I wasn't even an XL but rather a L for the first time!! I even fit into their size 16 jeans perfectly and while pregnant!

I was also shopping at Motherhood for the first time out of any of my pregnancies and I could fit into clothes off the rack as well! It amazes me I can do this now! I was even fitting into their size L maternity jeans which are supposed to fit 14/16 sizes! Yay!!!

NSV? I guess this is one, in that I lost 17lbs since finding out I am pregnant and I still lost a jean size and I am still not in maternity clothes, LOL

What size did you start in? 28/30
What size clothes are you in now? 14/16

Any other exciting news? Found baby's heartbeat. Made it into 2nd trimester with a healthy baby. My pictures below I took thinking I wouldn't lose anymore weight while pregnant. I only lost one more pound but since that time I have maintained a weight between 197-199 for the past 3 weeks. I am NOT looking forward to seeing the 200's on the scale again but I know it is coming and I will just have to deal with it. :)

Sephia
on 1/21/10 1:19 pm - Flint, MI
Topic: January Updates Add Your Before & Current Pictures
It is now 2010! Welcome to a New Year and a New You! How did you do over the holidays? Did you gain, lose or stall?

Highest Weight:
Current Weight:
Goal Weight:
Total weight loss so far:

Best WOW moment you've had so far?
NSV?

What size did you start in?
What size clothes are you in now?

Any other exciting news?

Be sure to take this opportunity to show off your progress! Post your before pictures along with your current pictures!

crystaldawn307
on 1/18/10 6:04 pm - WY
Topic: RE: Stopped Losing Weight
Your post is identical to how I'm feeling and experiencing.  My date was April 27th, 2009.  I've only lost 6 pounds since October '09.  I feel like I'm stuck.  I don't get dumping either.  I have been snacking on unhealthy foods also.  I don't eat much at a time, I do still feel restricted and feel full.  I did notice that I'm getting hungry and find myself snacking.    I'm going to try to up my water intake again and start just eating my protein, no more snacking on slider foods and carbs.  I did so well when I didn't snack or eat any carbs at all.  Also I'm trying to step up on my speed on treadmill and excercise longer and more days of the week.  I want to get my last 25 off before summer hits.  Good luck, let me know if u find something to help with our situation.  :) take care. -Crystal
L.Trall
on 1/7/10 11:13 pm
Topic: RE: LRNY 4/30... Slow weight loss normal??
I would have to agree with Alizka. If you go too fast, you may cause a leak or worse... I am 3 1/2 weeks out from LRNY and puree is the way to go. I can puree just about everything. I am getting creative too. But I can rarely eat more than five small bites of anything.

Try to blend:
1/2 chicken breast (I throw them in the crock pot a couple times a week)
1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 scoop unflavored protein
1/4 cup salsa
garlic to taste
Serve over refried beans

It makes a nice flavorful meal, and its full of protein.
L. Trall  

metamorphosis007
on 1/7/10 1:20 am
free2bethin
on 1/2/10 2:24 am - Edgewater, MD
Topic: Stopped Losing Weight

My surgery was April 28, 2009. I have not lost any weight in the last couple of months. I lost a ton early after my surgery, then get it in spurts...

I think it must be due to my habits... I eat whatever I want in small portions, but it is still the same unhealthy eating habits I used to have. I have no dumping syndrome ever, and I kind of wish I did so that I would be forced to not eat bad stuff. Any advice?

lisa120
on 12/15/09 4:33 am - sutter, CA
Topic: RE: December 2009 Check In
Highest weight 294
Current weight 189
goal weight 130total loss so far 105lbs

The best wow moment has been on many occasions people do not recognize me.
I also can go anywhere and people do not stare at me like they used to.
 I started in a size 26/28 and now am in a size 14-16

I also am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #4. I wasn't quite ready for that to happen. I am scared about weight gain, because my other 3 pregnancies are how I got so overweight in the first place. But I guess it is all in God's plan. I hope everyone is doing well, and continue to have success on their weight loss journey's.

Highest weight ever was 310lbs - Weight at Consultation 294lbs- Weight at WLS day  4/13/09 270lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 879 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 765 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1293 views