ALMOST TIME...

Linda P.
on 5/16/03 10:41 pm - Allen, TX
Well, my surgery is scheduled! I've had my pre-op meeting with Dr. Meyers, who showed me what size my new stomach pouch would be...yikes! I've signed what seems like a gazillion forms at the hospital when I went to pre-register. I've had an EKG, blood work and x-ray...and that was just today!!! Prior to that I had a stress test, an endoscopy and a sleep study!! I am sooo ready for the surgery. Dr. Meyers and Ruth, his nurse, are so thorough. They have been amazing! (and the assistant in their office who manages the schedules/appointments and so much more (Giovanni) is a awesome (and a hoot, as we say in Texas!) I don't think Í have ever had any kind of health care professionals spend as much time with me explaining a procedure. Although they told me I could expect to be in surgery from 2-4 hours, I would like to know from some of you who have had the surgery how long you were in surgery and recovery.
JENNIFER T.
on 5/18/03 11:56 am - ashland, ky
DEAR LINDA, I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, MY DATE IS FOR MONDAY 19TH, AND I AM GETTING MYSELF READY RIGHT NOW.. I HAVE THIS DAY SUNDAY LEFT AND THAN I START MY NEW BEGINNING OR NEW LIFE.. TO A SMALLER ME.. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL THE WAY.. I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS COME TUESDAY... MY WILL JUST BE STARTING.. THEY TELL ME THE SAMR THING ABOUT THE SURGERY, SO DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING CAUSE I KNOW YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS, JUST LIKE ME AGAIN GOD BLESS YOU... JENNIFER FROM KENYUCKY....
Most Active