Eating Changes

Allee Z.
on 4/17/04 12:01 am - Eastern, IA
May 27 will be my anniversary - so have a little over a month to go!!! I've noticed in the last couple months or so - I do become hungry more. I finally upped my food intake from 1/2 cup at a time to about 3/4 cup and that has helped me considerably. My biggest thing is that sugar does NOT affect me adversely. Waaahhhhh!!!! I wanted it to!!! Sugar is my greatest challenge. And cookies .... oh boy! I got into some sal****er taffy the last couple days ... not a good thing. So today - I'm going to try to start weaning myself back off the sugar. I think if I can do that I'll be okay. Keep me in your prayers!!! I know God can help overcome this battle.
C H.
on 4/22/04 5:56 am - Altoona, IA
I will have my 1 year on the 7th and I eat a ton! I am down from 256 to only 190, I still have 50 pounds to go. I really started eating better this week.
Erica K.
on 5/9/04 9:13 am - Levittown, NY
RNY on 05/12/03 with
I'm new to the web site - Anniversary date May 12th - a year since surgery. I had three endosccopic balloon procedures and was unable to eat much for 6 months after the surgery - then had food aversions for another 3 months I lost a LOT of weight fast - 290 to 130 in 12 months - but lots of nutritional problems came with that weight loss. I thought I would never want to eat - BUT - now, a year later - old habits and cravings have returned I can eat sugar - and that is really depressing me - not white sugar - but in the form of grapes and fruits - crave them now like I used to crave cakes. Also - thought I would never be able to eat a whole cup - 8 oz but have no problem now eating a Weigh****cher meal - the whole thing and grapes after - except for the occasional discomfort when I reach the overload point and want to throw up - and sometimes do. I'm a nurse and have not yet had any dumping syndrome side effects - I am very anxious that this food tolerance is going to start putting the weight on again - I know several people *****gained about 20 pounds once they started eating again. Trying to balance my caloric increase with exercise.
Most Active