SAD TIMES

Fatmamma
on 10/12/04 1:20 am - Austin, TX
Here I am and I have not lost any more pounds in over 8 months. I feel like I can eat any thing I want and I have been. I am not gaining but I am not loseing. I can not get back into the mode where I want to lose. What is wrong with me I know I did not go through this for nothing but yet I can not stop doing the wrong things. I am 25lbs from goal and It feels like 100's. Wilda
Amanda H.
on 10/12/04 10:36 am - Dennis, MS
Wilda, honey I wish I had the answer girl, but I just don't. You have had a remarkable amount of weight loss though. They say that when you right at the edge of your goal things get even harder. We all know that is true. I just want to wish you luck and let you know that we are all behind you. Believe in yourself and be happy- that is the most important thing! Good luck!-Amanda
Julie J.
on 10/16/04 5:04 am - San Gabriel, ca
Wilda, I know exactly how you feel. I'm about 50lbs to my goal and I have not moved in weight since August. 2004. I fell and tore my meniscus on both knees, so excerise is limited. I will be having surgery and that's going to slow me down even more. But don't give up. We went this far and we can do it. JuLie Julie
Allee Z.
on 10/21/04 2:46 am - Eastern, IA
Sounds like we're all sitting in the same spot!! I think about my current eating habits and I know that if I modified to more health concious and less taste concious ... I'd be dropping weight. I don't have a sugar problem - and while I don't eat the volumes I used to - I do eat it. YOu can pack in 200-500 calories of candy corn and such over a day REALLY easy. It's not a good thing! I know that if I would replace my treats with something simple like an APPLE - of which I'd have a hard time eating the whole thing and which would STAY WITH ME much longer ... I'd drop my calorie intake and probably start losing again. Are you guys finding the chips, candy, and other bad habits are catching up with you again too?
Judy S.
on 10/21/04 5:08 am - Fort Worth, Tx
Boy, we are all in the same boat. I haven't lost a pound since November of last year. I had my RNY in May'03 and quickly lost almost 100 lbs, but I just stopped @ 45 lbs from goal. Everything you all are saying is my same experience. I stopped exercising, I stopped pushing the water and I can eat most anything except sugar makes me very ill. (Thank Goodness) I haven't gained, but I haven't lost either. Reading everyones experience has motivated me to try harder. When I think of all the months it took to get approval for the surgery and then to go through it, to fall so short of my goal! I read in one of these sites that 20% of us don't meet our goals. I don't want to be in that 20%.
candi R.
on 1/2/05 12:40 pm - texas city, tx
Wilda I too have been sooooooooooooo mad at myself for not being able to lose ANY more weight!! I am at a stand still. I was glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem! not that I'm glad anyone else is having this problem, but I thought for the longest that it was just me! I know that, that is not helping your problem, all I can say is, I guess we just need to star****ching what we put in our mouth(easier said than done,I know)but you're right,we went through alot (surgery) to stop now. Good luck and let's see if together we can do something about our weight! thanks, candi R.
MARIA R.
on 2/18/05 1:28 am - LEXINGTON, KY
Wilda, Let me tell you what worked for me without even planning it. I was stuck on the same weight for about 8 months and had to have emergency hemorroid surgery (horrible!!!). When I started using the bathroom and felt like I was going to pass out every time I went, I figure out I had to start eating something that would help the process. I started making my own homemade chicken soups (chicken, vegetables, brown rice, whole wheat noodles and corn is what I make my soups with). I know we had been told to eat protein most of the time, but after a hemorroid surgery, believe me, it was the last thing I wanted to eat. For two weeks I ate the soups, wheat crackers and yogurt and I lost 12 pounds without even trying to lose the weight. I know you can't live on soups alone, but I tell you that it worked for me. So now everytime I fall off the wagon, I go back to my soups. If you want the recipe, just e mail me back. God bless you, Maria
Most Active