Roll Call Approaching 2 Years Post Op!

alsobig
on 5/2/05 2:54 am - Merrimack, NH
Just wanted to start a roll call on how everyone is doing... May 15th I will be 2 years into my new life. What a great new life it is too... I have lost a total of 180 lbs... I am pretty sure that my body has picked the weight that it wants to be at... and It is holding tough... I do need some Plastic surgery... Hoping to get a referal when I go for my 2 year check up in 2 weeks... How is everyone else doing?
Darren H.
on 5/7/05 3:28 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hey congrats on the success. I am 2 years on 05/16/05, and I am loving every minute of it. My weight has been very unstable and I had to fight to keep the weight on I got down to 160 but felt miserable. I was too light I got up to 165 by adjusting my diet and exericise and was doing great, until I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease. They put me on steroids four 10 weeks and as a side effect I gained 25 lbs. This had me scared until they told me it was a side effect of the medication and it would come off as long as I stayed true to the correct diet. Sure enough they started cutting back on the dosage and my weight is starting to come off. So overall it has been a great 2 years. Anyone reading my profile will know it was rough but 8 srugeries and 2 years later. I would do it all again. Good luck and happy loosing. darren
princess0524
on 5/9/05 7:53 pm - Chatsworth, CA
Hi Jeffrey, Congraduations on a great loss. I will be 2 yrs 5/13. I have not reached my goal. I had 25 more to go and now I am up 8 lbs. I am frustrated now. I have a hard time eating proteins so I am eating soups and salads but I am not satisfied. I want to eat. It is easier for me when I am at work but at home the wrong foods go in my mouth and I do not get sick. That also scare me. I wanted to have plastic surgery but I also want these lbs off. I drink some peotein drinks but the weight won't move like it did before. Any suggestions? Lori
alsobig
on 5/10/05 1:51 am - Merrimack, NH
Hey Lori, I hear what you are saying. As long as I stay busy I do not have the urge to eat... Old habbits die hard... Night time snacks are still the hardest thing for me.. I have moved up and down on the scale the last few months... We just have to remember that tomorrow is another day... Don't give up if we fall off the wagon... but just remember to get back on that wagon! I too do not get sick of the wrong kinds of food. (I wish I did) well, Ice cream is the only thing I can not eat, that does make me sick... which is a good thing!
selmasue
on 5/11/05 3:22 am - Green Bay, WI
Congratulations! I will be at two years on May 22nd. I have lost 100lbs and I also love my new life but I just went to my yearly physical and I gained 6lbs since last April(disappointing)! But I have started to work out again and am trying to watch what I put in my mouth. I need everyones support to help me with this. At my last routine schedule we requested plastic surgery but I was denied(bummer). So I guess I iwll have to try and work extra hard to firm up. I am glad everyone is doing well and keep up the good work.
lyn H.
on 5/13/05 12:02 pm - marietta, ga
Hi Jeffrey, congrats...you're doin great. I have lost 121 lbs, but just within the last two months I have been putting on and taking off the same 7 lbs. I just need to watch my carbs...bread (toast) is what does me in. I just found this site and its really nice to read what everyone with the same age (gb)as me is doing and feeling. thanks for posting, Lyn
Barb A.
on 5/14/05 11:20 am - Congerville, IL
HI Gang, I am 2 years out 5/12/03. I've lost 100 lbs. and would really like to push another 25-50 off. However, I am feeling great, have no problems as long as I stay away from sugar alcohols. I've been extremely busy at work and difficult to find the time to exercise. Bad habit. Hopefully with the nice weather approaching, I can get out and enjoy some walks. Barb
Allee Z.
on 5/18/05 11:16 am - Eastern, IA
I'll be 2 years out on May 27. I'm down about 120 pounds. Still hanging within 2-4 pounds of my lowest weight. I'd LOVE to lose 10 more. And I could, if I just WOULD. But like it sounds like some of you are fighting - I am fighting the old demons. SUgar, snacking, etc. I know if I would be able to have plastics -- i.e. tummy tuck, boobies lifted, etc. - I would be below my goal. BUT until my insurance company or my fairy godmother come calling and tell me they'll "take care of it" ($$) I guess I"ll still droop, sag and have the exess around my belly. UGH! Over all I'm so happy I did this. I do wish my dr. had bypassed a little more - so that I would have to work at keeping WEIGHT ON! I thought by bypassing it would eliminate some of the calories. I don't see that happening. *LOL* Don't EVER give up and don't EVER go back.
D. S
on 5/25/05 7:47 am
Hi all. I'm joining your roll call. I will be 2 years on June 4th. I am at home recovering from a TT right now. It's a hard recovery. Probably as hard as RNY. I lost 130 pounds initially and then gained 15 back. I lost 5 before TT surgery and now during recovery I'm back down another 10. I'm unable to eat much during this recovery (on my 2nd week now) and I'm hoping it continues until I can get another 20 pounds off. I have a lot of swelling so I'm sure I'll lose atleast a few more pounds when the swelling goes down. Weight maintenance is a constant struggle for me but I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. I feel very lucky. It's good to hear that you all are doing well too. Take care, Dawn 315/185/?
Most Active