Pouch has Stretched

DawnVA
on 2/6/11 8:01 am - VA
About six months ago, I started seing a new bariatric surgeon for yearly checkups and since I've begun gaining.  After a UGI, it was discovered that my pouch has stretched to over three times it's post-surgical size.  Of course, this is some of my doing, but I'm very angry.  An RNY revision is possible but not recommended due to the risk (risky on its own, but I've had twisted bowel surgery as well).  Another potential fix is similar to banding, but it's a permanent band, but it has a lower success rate.  My food issues still exist and I know that any kind of revision still wouldn't fix that.  I'd like to know what you would do -- surgical, non-surgical, etc -- please offer your (kind and practical) advice.

Thank you!!
Dawn

P.S.  My advice to ALL readers -- never let your doctor tell you that a pouch can't stretch.
NewJen
on 3/29/11 11:03 pm - greensboro, NC
Have you tried the 5 day Pouch Test? it is really a great way to get your mind back on track!
New for 2009
BeingJenAgain
243/156/145
5'4"

Butterfly1976
on 6/23/11 7:19 pm - TN
What is the 5 day pouch test?  I had my RNY on 5/9/05 and was super stable for a long time.  I got a divorce and gained a little, but quickly lost it.  This year and late last year my weight began creeping up.  Of course I know why, but that isnt the issue.  It's getting back to my comfort zone that's my major goal!!  I have a connective tissue disease - Ehlers-Danlos, which makes exercising hard as my joints dislocate.

~Ash
Pre 271
Post - lowest 148
Goal - 165-170
current - 212 
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 549 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 953 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...