Checking in - it's been a long time!

scmcdunn
on 10/5/11 12:56 am - Schaumburg, IL
Hi fellow Maysters...it's been too long since I have checked in. I just re-read my profile and it's something I recommend. We must never forget where we came from! I have been at a weight plateau for the last 5 years, however I continue to exercise regularly and try to eat correctly.

I'm doing well with a few complications. I have recently been diagnosed with iron deficeint anemia and a stomach ulcer. I really haven't noticed many symptoms except being tired. This is why it's important to have thorough follow-up care. I also have reactive hypoglycemia - if I eat too many carbs or sugar, my blood sugar plunges to as low as 38! I am definitely not diabetic anymore which my primary care doctor is thrilled about. My latest A-1C was 5.1; he said to me that it's like I was never diabetic! I make sure I always have glucose tablets with me and a protein bar. I know what it feel like so I take action immediately.

I did have a tummy tuck a year ago which was a blessing being able to get rid of all that extra skin and fat! Would love to have a breast reduction to aleviate shoulder, neck and back pain but not sure when I will be able to do that. My daughter thinks I'm addicted to surgery!

I hope everyone is doing well and continue to be healthy!

Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 550 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 953 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 921 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 818 views