Anybody Cold?

Ruth A.
on 5/29/08 11:38 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi All When I was first losing boy was I cold - bed socks, sweaters, the whole bundle. Well as the weight loss slowed I began to warm up again. But I'm cold cold cold again. I can't sleep at night as I'm so cold. It started the week I lost a ton of weight, but I'm not losing now and have no idea why I'm still cold. It's warm outside, and I am still bundled up at night, with my unsexy bed socks, thick sweater AND ho****er bottle (as if I need anything else to put us off the mood ) Anyone else still suffering with this?
abbysmemaw
on 5/30/08 1:01 am - Port Clinton, OH
Hi Ruth, I have never had that problem!! Guess I haven't lost enough weight!! My husband is completely opposite since he had his.....gosh he is cold all the time!!! He crankes up the furnace and I'm behind him turning it down!!!! I forgot to ask you since you lost that (I'm jealous) 9 pounds....are you at normal BMI now?
Ruth A.
on 5/30/08 5:17 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
No...I just lost some of what I put on a few weeks previous! I'm still at 170 which I've been hovering around for a year now. I'll be normal when I get to 154. It is so frustrating. I've amended my goal to just reach normal rather than my original 135 which I now think is totally unreasonable and I will never ina month of Sundays reach. But I have also changed my attitude (for now at least) in that I am trying to feel better in my skin and see that I am a success in weight loss surgery terms as I have lost over 70% of my excess weight. That is usually the amount doctors expect their patients to lose, so if we've lost that or more then we are successes. For me now, I am focussing on my goal of being able to run a mile without stopping to walk for a minute part way through. Once I get there I will think of another goal. Don't get me wrong, I still want to and am determined to get to normal bmi, but this week it isn't going to happen as I've been eating like there's no tomorrow! I'm back at work on Monday so hopefully will get back into my routine. I'm not very good if I get out of my daily habits. How much % of yrou excess weight have you lost Karen? I bet you are close to if not over the 70% mark.
abbysmemaw
on 5/30/08 1:21 pm - Port Clinton, OH
ya know 135-140 was my goal,too...probably will never see that either..so I kinda set it for150 now. Its kind of funny to hear peoples reaction to my first goal..they say you will look too bad--thats way too much to lose for you-you'll look sick!! So I guess I will settle for 150--don't want any more sagging skin anyway! My insurance won't pay for any cosmetic surgery As far as %--I forgot how to figure it out! But hopefully I lost a good %!!!
Trixie517
on 5/30/08 4:28 am - San Marcos, CA
I am cold most of the time...night and day. Trish
glassangels
on 5/31/08 1:45 am - Boiling Springs, SC
I get cold a lot too. Not as much now as I did at first. I remember when I 1st. had my surgery I would get so cold that I'd have to get out of bed and go outside and find some sun to sit in just to warm up. and if that didn't work my daughter would pile covers on me until I could just stop shaking. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that went through this. My doctor told me it was from having all that weight for so many yrs. to keep me warm and then it being gone. It's like when you put insulation in your house and it stays warmer, but over the years you lose some of it and your house doesn't hold the heat in as good any more. You house gets colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. Well he said thats the way our body is. Once we started losing our padding we didn't hold the heat in as well and we get cold. It never goes completely away but it does get a little better as time goes by. Here's to staying warm and losing that extra padding God Bless and keep up the good work, we are all in this together. Hope to see Less of you all soon!!! Libby G. in Boiling Springs, SC
AndiCandy
on 6/2/08 7:51 pm - NY
for me it's all about fluids. I try and get most of my fluids ingested by noon so i have the whole afternoon to piddle. The more i drink the colder I get. The human body can't digest something too cold so it has to warm it to acceptable temps (98.6 but don't quote me) and that revs up your metabolism....as much as a snails metabolism can rev up and that makes me freezing cold but i'm still working it for weight loss I hope. ANDI
Ruth A.
on 6/3/08 5:25 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
I never knew that about cold drinks. I'm going to be adding a ton of ice to my drinks from now on. Maybe that's what's been stopping my weight loss - hehe, just kidding, but I'm willing to try anything!
Most Active