Feeling a little down...

Jenn aka 2n
on 6/10/08 4:57 am - OR
I had surgery May 30, 2006. My highest weight being 333lbs. And my lowest being 230. Last August I had my gall bladder removed. Since then I've gained 15lbs and can't seem to lose a THING! Stuck at 245. It's very depressing to be in this position. Money doesn't allow for me to join a gym so walking is my only option and it's not cutting it. I also have a hard time with food because of the price of things. I try my best with what I have. So I can't complain much, I guess. I just feel like if I don't get my butt in gear I'm going to fail this surgery. It was an amazing tool given to me and I want to use it! I need blood work done, I need to see a dietitian, I need a lot of things, but without health insurance it's next to impossible. I'm sorry this is more like a pity party...not what I intended. I just need some inspiration...some encouragement. Please tell me that I'm not alone and that it's not too late. I appreciate OH and all it has done for us. What a great network of people. Thanks for hearing me out.
Ruth A.
on 6/10/08 5:15 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Jennifer welcome to the May board. No you are not alone - we are all dealing with struggles here. First thing - look at what you are eating. Are you eating right, making wise choices? Second thing - walking is great, well done for doing that much. Now I want you to start walking further, either by increasing the time you walk, OR increasing the speed you walk. Whatever exercise you do, whether it's at home, out walking or at the gym, you have to increase your efforts every so often once your body becomes used to the level you work at. You've already given yourself the answer - get your butt into gear. It's so easy to become complacent this far out - it's a daily struggle as when have we ever stuck to right living/eating for over two years? If you hang around this board we are pretty good at giving and receiving encouragement and inspiration - give and get is what goes on here. We all need it so we stick together, helping each other each step of our journey. It's been a little quiet just in teh last few days, but it'll pick up soon. Glad you stopped by, and hope you stay
Ruth A.
on 6/10/08 5:16 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
PS have a look at the 'what have you lost' post. Bet you've lost more than you think...
Jenn aka 2n
on 6/10/08 5:42 am - OR
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I'm looking into my options. I don't know what I would do with OH! I love this place!
Ruth A.
on 6/10/08 5:46 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
me too - there is no way I could have made it through this far without OH and my friends here.
AndiCandy
on 6/11/08 7:38 am - NY
If money doesn't allow for you to join a gym look for other options, sometimes gyms will offer you free weeks or what not to try them out. The high school in our town has open swim night, where people can swim for $2 for the whole night, what about walking, roller blading, dancing to your favorite songs, hula hooping, cleaning the house, find an inexpensive dance class, go to the Y and see if you can get a cheap rate. There are t hings you can do you just need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a move on! You need a dietician to tell you what you are supposed to be eating...protein protein protein followed by fresh fruits and veggies, lay off the processed foods and the fast food and the stuff that tastes delicious that we were addicted to prior to surgery (refined sugar, white rice, all the simple carbs that we adore) . There has to be things you can buy on the cheap, they have sales on beans and chicken and ground beef/chicken/turkey you've got to make do with what you can afford. The inspiration you require is within you and you have to bring it out. We're here struggling right along with you, you're so not alone in this. Tomorrow is my day to start on my healthier eating regime, iv'e got my vitamins in baggies so i can grab them and go, i've filled up my water bottles and I'm ready to write down everything i'm eating! I'm going to go to the gym and i'm going to sweat it out. I will be a success and I will do well and i will feel good about myself. What are you going to do to make y our success happen? ANDI
AndiCandy
If money doesn't allow for you to join a gym look for other options, sometimes gyms will offer you free weeks or what not to try them out. The high school in our town has open swim night, where people can swim for $2 for the whole night, what about walking, roller blading, dancing to your favorite songs, hula hooping, cleaning the house, find an inexpensive dance class, go to the Y and see if you can get a cheap rate. There are t hings you can do you just need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a move on! You need a dietician to tell you what you are supposed to be eating...protein protein protein followed by fresh fruits and veggies, lay off the processed foods and the fast food and the stuff that tastes delicious that we were addicted to prior to surgery (refined sugar, white rice, all the simple carbs that we adore) . There has to be things you can buy on the cheap, they have sales on beans and chicken and ground beef/chicken/turkey you've got to make do with what you can afford. The inspiration you require is within you and you have to bring it out. We're here struggling right along with you, you're so not alone in this. Tomorrow is my day to start on my healthier eating regime, iv'e got my vitamins in baggies so i can grab them and go, i've filled up my water bottles and I'm ready to write down everything i'm eating! I'm going to go to the gym and i'm going to sweat it out. I will be a success and I will do well and i will feel good about myself. What are you going to do to make y our success happen? ANDI
AndiCandy
AndiCandy
Most Active