I've been MIA for awhile ...

Deanna34
on 1/23/09 8:10 am - Salem, OR
Hello fellow May 2006ers!!!

I've been gone from the boards for a long time; too long!  I don't know if any of you remember me or not but I remember a lot of you!

I saw some posts below about weight regain and I am right there with you.  Last year I was training to run a half marathon and I actually ran it!  But since then, I've had a tough time with my weight.  I'm still going to the gym a lot and spending a lot of time exercising. But the weight is creeping back on and I hate it!!!  I was down to 163 pounds and now I'm anywhere between 175 and 180.  I know it's not a huge regain but it's really making me angry!  Because I exercise a lot! 

Now, on the other hand, I eat a lot too.  I eat way more than I probably should!  Haha!  Actually, I take that back ... I really don't eat huge portions, but I know I eat a lot of food that I shouldn't.  I am still addicted to chocolate!  I'm a cookie-aholic!  And I love Taco Bell!  I am just so scared of turning back into the 300+ pound person I used to be.  And I see a lot of those tendencies creeping back ... the eating, the chocolate, etc.  It is seriously an internal battle I face every single day. 

Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hi!" and let you all know I'm still alive and kicking!  I'd love to hear how you are all doing!!!

Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Katherine A.
on 1/23/09 11:27 am - Klein, TX
Right there with you. I am MIA.. I am eating small portions of crap that is not good for me. I am regaining, about a pound a month. I am a cookie-a-holic. and thanks for checking in on me. I talked to my dear husband tonight and we are going to try to get me back on track, right after I bake another batch of cookies. heehee
do you facebook?
Kat

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Deanna34
on 1/24/09 12:19 am - Salem, OR
Hey Kat!  It's great to hear from you!  Yes, I Facebook ... look me up, I'm Deanna LaVerdure.

--Grace Hansen

olivija24
on 1/24/09 1:08 am - Bigfork, MT
Deanna and I are facebook friends, and check in with each other often.  You could find me on her friend list...  Joe Strandjord
olivija24
on 1/24/09 1:06 am - Bigfork, MT
Hey Deanna.
how funny!  neither of us posts forever, and then we both post something on OH on the same day...

I truly don't believe you would ever put yourself back into that state again.  I vary between 189 and 199, and I"ve told myself I simply never want to have a 2 in front of my weight again.  You are an incredibly strong person.  Trust yourself.
Deanna34
on 1/24/09 6:26 am - Salem, OR
How funny to see you here again!  I should have known we'd be on the same wave length!  I'm thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test this week ... wanna join me???

--Grace Hansen

Ruth A.
on 1/28/09 9:09 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Deanna *huuuuuuuuuggggggggsssssssssss)

Hey girlfriend, long time no see.  Good to heear you are still exercising.  I hear ya on the eating wrong things front - me too.  So far I've managed to keep losing the 3 or so pounds that creep on and off again, going up and down like a yoyo, but I know my head isnt' in the righ tplace about eating right and I too am concerned about going back to where I came from (and more!).

My downfall - cookies!  My body also isn't happy eating a meal, makes me feel yucky and obviously struggles to digest it, even if it's a small portion, but heck it can snack on cr@p all day long, grrrrrrrr.

I'm still 7lbs from being in a normal bmi and 20 lbs away from my amended goal.  My body likes it here, no matter what I try to tell it.

Good to see you again.  I am on facebook too - I'll look you up.

Ruth

Deanna34
on 1/29/09 12:06 am - Salem, OR
Hi Ruth!!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only cookie monster out there!  Haha!  I can snack on crap all day long too ... that is part of my problem! 

I actually tried doing the 5 day pouch test ... I completed 2 days and started the 3rd day when I felt nasty.  I was trying to work out at the gym and had absolutely NO stamina.  And I just felt awful.  Really awful.  So I went back to a normal diet and am feeling a bit better.  I think with exercising I will need those carbs to help fuel my body.  But, I LOVE carbs!  I have to do better about balancing what I eat.  Ugh, it's a constant battle for me!  I think the two days of protein shakes did help curb my sweet tooth a bit though.  So hopefully I can do better from here. 

My other vice lately is Diet Pepsi.  I only have 1 a day (at the most, some days I don't have any).  I know I don't need it and it's probably not good for me either.  And I've gone 5 days without any now so maybe I can stay off it for good now! 

I'll look you up on FaceBook! 

--Grace Hansen

Katherine A.
on 3/12/09 5:57 pm - Klein, TX
so daily I get on the scales, first thing in the morning, and think.. rats, still no change.

for breakfast: 1 envelope of 1/2 carb oatmeal and 2 cups of coffee
for lunch: 1 cheese stick and 20 oz of propel
for dinner tonight: corn chips, shredded cheese, black beans and sour cream
desert was homemade hot cocoa with 1% milk

I am hoping that just food reduction will help, but after 7 days, it has not, so plan B is to cut back o the carbs too.

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

jcauley
on 3/16/09 9:33 pm - tarpon springs, FL
Hi!!!!!!!!!!! Deanna
I have been gone as well.... My 16 yr old son was diagnosed with High functioning autism and have been dealing with that!!
but I am still about 116lbs  I never go above 118... I don't know why really? I think it has to go back to the beginning and how strict I was... who knows?
anyway!!!!
its nice to see you and everyone again!!!!!!!!!!!  Jean
Jean Cauley
Tarpon Springs Fl
RNY 5/15/06
Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo

Most Active