anybody out there

AndiCandy
on 9/1/09 12:22 am - NY
hi folks how's it going? Anything new and exciting going on? School starts tomorrow for the kids, the summer flew by like it was on fire! My husband bought me a firepit for Mother's Day and he just put it together yesterday it was a blast we are having firepit friday this week and I just can't wait. ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Ruth A.
on 9/4/09 9:56 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hey Andi

I'm still here!!  School started back this week for us too, whic his great for me as it means I can get back into routine.

We spent a busy summer going here and there - in a tent in torrential rain for one week!!! 

I've been thinking about you lately - how is it all going.  Are you fully recovered now and are you glad you had ps done?  What are the results like.

My dd set me a challenge yesterday - to get to my goal by Christmas - that means losing 21 lbs in 16 weeks to reach a 'normal' bmi.  I figure that's doable if I stop snacking like a crazy woman when I get home after work before the evening meal!!!

Plus I'm starting a tap dancing class once a week, so I'm sure to start with you'll hear my gasps for breath all the way over there until I get a bit fitter LOL!!!

hugs, Ruth
AndiCandy
on 9/5/09 2:35 am - NY
well i'd like to lose 22lbs so let's do it hand in hand! I've gained weight and i'm not happy with where i am at all!  I'm going to start back on Monday morning and we can do it all together! ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Ruth A.
on 9/5/09 5:08 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
That'd be great - hand in hand to get those last few pounds off.  See you here on Monday.

Now what are you going to do to get that weight moving?  I am cutting out the snacks, joining the tap classes, and must be more active generally.  I'll see how I do the first week and then modify it to suit.  I'm concerned that I have tried for so long, that nothing will change, but I really want it to.  I've got this maintenance down pat (although not deliberately!!!)

Ruth
Katherine A.
on 9/28/09 10:15 am - Klein, TX
I have two in school and one homeschooled. so i am pulling my hair out daily.
i do not even want to talk about finances regarding my adult offspring. it is a point of contention that I just cant deal with today. my weight went up during the stress, I am trying to get it back down. i think a lot of it has to do with dehydration. the diabetes is raging right now, but I do believe that is self inflicted with caffiene intake, so I am making small changes (50/50 blend coffee) and more 'hard' protiens, less 'soft' protiens.

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

AndiCandy
on 10/16/09 4:03 am - NY
can you tell me about home schooling please.....where do you get learning tools? Iv'e got a wee one with some learning challenges and although homeschooling is not an option for me i'd like to help her more and get creative. ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Katherine A.
on 10/16/09 6:31 am - Klein, TX
there are so many homeschool options, it is overwhelming. first would be to find your philosophy.  if you are a trandtional or an non-traditionalist.

we were looking for a secular curriculmn that had a lot of accountability built in. which almost goes against all the homeschool agenda of combining both religion and education.

we selected the All-in-one curricula of K-12 and at first it is pretty intense, but overall a superior product.  it is a mix of traditional books, online interactive multimedia, and online accountability and testing.

Online resources for homeschooling include courses of study, curricula, educational games, online tests, online tutoring, and occupational training.

Katherine A.
on 11/4/09 9:42 pm - Klein, TX
Happy Thursday? One off to school, four still not out of bed.  I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn, decided to get to 'work' before teaching today. fun.

I am probably severely dehydrated but for some reason just can not get the fluids down that I need to, so the weight has creapt up to +20 of my goal which is irritating me.
I did get new vits, I am forcing myself to eat breakfast, last night I had a HORRIBLE glucose reaction, had to have three gulps of OJ and then two cheese sticks to stabilize (blood sugar was 52). I had been grazing during the evening, so had no idea why it plumeted. didnt feel a spike from the dry cereal that I had after dinner (dinner was asparagus and mac-n-cheese and a tossed green salad.

so I jumped jump rope yesterday, that was hysterical, nearly peed my pants it was so hard, PITIFUL, I better stick to bike riding. ;-) we are going camping in two weeks, cub scouts rule.

AndiCandy
on 11/8/09 7:51 am - NY
kat i want to t hank you because the whole jump rope thing made me hysterical.....i know how you feel! ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Katherine A.
on 11/8/09 8:11 am - Klein, TX
I can not get in my pants... my I had to lay on the bed to zip up my 'fat week' pants.. definately time to cut back on the grazing and snacks..

no more jumping rope, not enough bladder control at my advanced age.

Most Active