God Bless Those Pouch Reminders

ALESIA1966
on 2/15/07 5:23 am - New Bern, NC
What a wonderful tool this pouch thing is... Made it all day yesterday through the Choco-call without any problems...Then today I stop for my morning latte and decide to splurge a little - the scones were calling me...So I picked up a scone to have after my coffee...Only ate 1/2, about 45 minutes later, whoooo, I was in full blown dumping syndrome... This may sound weird but I'm so glad...I've always know I could only handle just a little dose of real sugar and that has what has helped keep me on the straight and narrow on days like Valentines & birthday parties & Christimas & etc...Bless this little pouch it still works, and kicked in and kicked my butt when I needed a fresh reminder that sugar & carbs are NOT a good thing... Hope everyone else faired well against the devil chocolate... Alesia
Lucy M.
on 2/15/07 7:26 am - Conway, SC
Hi Alesia. Yeah, the pouch still rules! YAY!! I, too get those calls of eat this, eat that. Sometimes I do give into the calling. I don't dump on anything. I wish I did. I only get pain in my pouch and have to wait until it goes away. Good for you that your pouch lets you know who is the boss! Take care, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 2/15/07 8:04 pm - MI
That is great. Just a word of advice, try to avoid testing with sugar, I was like you and could only handle small amounts, but have slowly built up a tolerance and can pretty much handle as much sugar as I want. I hope that I can rebuild my dumping trigger though. I have heard that you can if you go back to basics and use protein almost exclusively for awhile. I am happy you are doing well Alesia! Keep up the positive vibes, we back sliders need it! I haven't done so well lately, especially since all the valentines stuff has been around. Wendy
dawnhoutx
on 3/7/07 12:14 pm - Richmond, TX
I wish my pouch would make me sick when I eat sugar. That rarely happens anymore. I can eat a lot of sugar. Avoid it at all costs in my opinion. I got sick in the beginning and then slowly built up my tolerance. Even getting sick doesn't stop me really. It is so darned addicting. Aughhh! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics