Plastics on Monday!

Lucy M.
on 3/8/07 9:10 pm - Conway, SC
Good morning everyone! I'm just around the corner having plastic surgery this coming Monday. Wow, the month went by so fast. I'm in a tailspin I'm having a brachioplasty (arms), breast lift with augmentation and revision of my LBL to remove the pouch just above the pubic bone. I will be going home the same day and that has me anxious. I'm been told by many that I will be drugged enough to handle oral pain medication once home. I sure hope that is the case. I've been under so much stress both at work and home. Now this will pass! I'm just glad it is the weekend and I don't have to work next week. I'll post when I'm up to it; probably on Tuesday. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery Happy weekend to everyone! Hugs, Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 3/8/07 10:22 pm - Corona, CA
Hi Lucy~ I'm so excited for you!!!! I will definitely be sending up my thoughts and prayers. I imagine you are nervous... Here's to no more bat wings or saggy socks! Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 3/9/07 10:38 am - Conway, SC
Hi Kerri. I got things wrapped up at work. It was such a busy day. I thought I was never going to get out of there. At least that is one thing I don't have to worry or think about. I have been so stressed the past two weeks. I really think it is because of the breast lift with augmentation. My previous plastic surgery - when I had my breast reduction and what a mess that was. I had a different plastic surgeon. I lost both of my nipples after the reduction. Initially, it didn't bother me that much because I was glad to get a lot of relief from the reduction. I had 8 pounds taken off from each breast. After my RNY and losing so much weight, I took a good hard look at myself. I was quite upset. I was against having any implants. I had to change my mind, as I had hardly any breast tissue left. It's the fear of having something foreign in me and under the muscle. I trust my plastic surgeon and know that he will do the best he can. I'll be happy once this is over and I am on the road to recovery! I need all the prayers I can get! Thanks, Kerri. Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 3/9/07 1:16 pm - MI
I am so happy for you Lucy! I will be going in April 3rd for my first round, so we will be close in recovery! It is nice to have someone ahead of me with experience, so I know what to expect! Good luck, Wendy
Lucy M.
on 3/10/07 12:25 am - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy! Yes, we'll be close in recovery. Today I am excited. I can't wait until Monday! Lots to do today. I want to be able to get in some rest tomorrow. Thanks Lucy
Sandra T. RN
on 3/10/07 9:35 pm - TX
Prayers and {{{HUGS}}} coming your way. to watch over you and your medical/nursing team. LAP RNY 6-21-05 5'6" HW 250 tight size 24 jeans SW 235 CW 158 size 6 jeans Surgeon GW 165 Mine 154?? "normal BMI"
Lucy M.
on 3/10/07 10:19 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Sandra. Today is one day until my surgery. I've been so busy with getting my house in order, getting what I need and getting things done at work. I am all ready just have to shave my legs. That's nothing in comparison to what I have been doing. I will get lots of sleep to conserve my energy for tomorrow. My surgery is at 12 noon. Hopefully I will be back home by 7ish. If I feel good I'll post on Tuesday! Thank you for your prayers and hugs. I really need them. Even though I am a nurse too, I'm getting nervous. Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 3/11/07 12:27 am - Corona, CA
Hi Lucy~ I know you must be really nervous today. I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and will be praying for you tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly with no complications. Try to stay occupied for today otherwise the day will DRAG by. Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 3/11/07 4:40 am - Conway, SC
Kerri, my friend. How sweet of you to stop by here again to wish me well. I've been occupied all morning and part of the afternoon. I'm going to stop by my sister's house now and she is going to take some digital pics for my before surgery look and then I can take some post-op to see the difference. I didn't do that with my LBL and thighplasty and wished I had. Tomorrow at this time I will be on the operating table sleeping the afternoon away! Thanks again, Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics