Long Time No Post

Meltingman
on 3/19/07 11:41 pm - Malvern, PA
Hey June Bugs, I've missed you guys terribly. I have to admit I have spent the last few months thinking I'm cured of my obsity problem and did not need support. Boy was I wrong. I'm all of a sudden putting on some weight and need to get it under control NOW. I have gained 10 pounds since September 2006. I haven't been going to the gym on a regular basis since October and pretty much eat what I want when I want. I've gone back to the pouch rules and will make a effort to get back to the gym asap. My goal is to still make it to my original goal of 180lbs. I now have 35lbs to lose. I think I can do that in 6 months. My biggest problem is I'm get hungry about a hour after I eat. I'm especially bad from the time I get home from wor****il Heath gets home (3pm to 5PM). Sometimes I eat when I get home and then eat again when he eats dinner. I've decided on the days I don't have class I will use this time to work out. Heath has agreed to work out with me on his days off and on weekends. I'm feeling very positive. How are all of you doing. I hope you are well. Glad to see many are still posting. I've missed you, Chip
conster326
on 3/20/07 1:47 am - Branson, MO
Welcome back Chip! I understand how you feel. I thought I was okay without support -- but I was soooooooo wrong!! I've put on about 15 and now have about 100 to lose to get to my goal weight. We can do this...we just have to continue to remember to do what we know we are supposed to do. And we can't let ourselves get to the place again where we think we can do it on our own. I know going it alone is how I got in such a bad place to begin with! Connie
Wendy Kipp
on 3/20/07 3:15 am - MI
Hey Chip!!! I am right there with you on this! I sooooo struggle with this. I find that I go through streaks and then have to get back on it. It is hard as I don't dump easily. I do dump, but not on everything and I can get away with certain amounts. I am back today trying to get back down about 10 more pounds for my tt. I put on about 5-10 up and down every month. Some is water weight, but not all of it is. I seem to be able to be good one day, then rotten the next and good the next etc. I really have a hard time, but after my tt, I don't want to stretch all back out again! And I am not at my goal weight yet either! Good luck to you and glad to hear from you again. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 3/21/07 11:24 am - Conway, SC
Hi Chip! Glad to see you here on the board. Yes, I do believe that so many of us are struggling these days. I had fallen too and started grazing during the day. Once I start, it's so hard to stop. I've been losing and gaining the same darn pounds the past 4 months even with having plastic surgery. I probably would have gained a lot more. We have to hang in there and get back to basics. Remembering where we came from and don't want to go back there again is vital. I hope that other Junebugs who are lurking on this board, have the courage to post their own struggles and successes. After all, we are here to support each other in good and bad times. Take care and post often. We missed you! Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 3/21/07 12:44 pm - Corona, CA
Welcome Back, Chip! I think that we need this board as much now as we did during the first year for support. Most of us seem to be struggling with the same things~ eating too much, eating the wrong things, not getting enough exercise, etc. It is just so easy to think that we are normal. I knew that this would be a far more difficult time...no more major compliments about how good you look. Many people are watching to see if I gain back the weight, what I'm eating, how much~ with a few people probably hoping that I do gain it back. It's hard!!! I don't dump on sugar, but I have been fairly good with the exercise. Participating in all of these 5K's, 10K's and 1/2 marathons keep me motivated. Plus the t-shirts are cute! Good for you for going back to the basics~protein first. I still drink a double-triple scoop protein drink every day. But, I, too, have gone up and down about 7 lbs. I had really been between 3 lbs. until I did the last 1/2 marathon in Feb. I gained 7 lbs. over the course of several days. Although most of that was swelling, my body never went all the way back down again. How is your heart doing? How's your health otherwise? Take care, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 3/21/07 9:48 pm - Conway, SC
Kerri, I love your new picture and haircut. You look gorgeous I still need to change my picture but haven't figured out how to do it. I don't want to remove the one I have now without anything, I had that figurine OH puts in there - a fat head one at that! I hope more of our fellow Junebugs come back and start posting again. I sure do miss everyone. For sometime now, it's been hardly 5 of us posting occasionally here. I, too have been struggling with grazing issues since the winter. Now, with the major portion of my reconstructive plastic surgeries behind me, I have to get my act together. Our two year anniversaries are coming up in less than 3 months. YIKES, where did the time go? No more plastics for me at least until the end of this year. Then I might have my turkey waddle removed from my neck, beginnings of nipple recontruction and I think I will need a revision around my breast lift area - hanging skin on the sides that he didn't get this go around. I've had so much surgery in the past 21 months. I need a rest from surgery now. It's time for this girl to have some fun! Take care my dear friend. It was so good to see you here. Love, Lucy
ALESIA1966
on 3/22/07 2:24 am - New Bern, NC
Hi Chip, Good to hear from you again...Its especially great when an old friend returns to the fold, because you bring up topics that are near and dear to all of us but we just don't think about posting on because, well, maybe we're trying to a little to hide from it, at least thats the case with me...I know I am experiencing the same grazing issues and weight fluctuations that the others chimed in on...I know from lurking on the grads board that this is an ongoing issue for most, so I just don't post on it again and I think OK I know this is a struggle for all of us...The thing is that sometimes it helps us to put is down on "paper" and not just mentally acknowledge it, by putting it down you really see it, it becomes solid... I've just decided I need to go back to something we Juner's had going months and months ago that really helped - accountability to the board...I hope I can get some of you out there to join me...I'm going to start posting my daily food again - to all of you, seeing what I'm cheating on might help get remind me of the right track and keep me honest... So see you all first thing Friday, 03/23 with my Thursday Accountability post... Alesia
MONICA W.
on 3/25/07 11:04 pm - Long Beach, CA
Hello Chip Great to see you here. I so needed this post. I too have been missing in action. I post alot on the Cali board and forget this one. Shame on me. I too have stuggled lately getting this last 90lbs off of me and put back on a few. So it is definitely back to basics for me. Even though I still start my day with a protein drink I need to cut back the carbs and increase the water. I know we can do it with all of the support and help here. Monica
Just Me
on 3/31/07 11:56 am - Happy Place, TN
Hi Chip! Best Wishes
Most Active
Recent Topics