Home fro Hospital

~*Ginger Locks*~
on 3/29/07 6:07 am - California, MD
I went to see my Doc on Monday and he admitted me to the hospital. The CT scans showed an area that looked like an intussuscepted bowel...but he would have to go in to be sure. He was afraid of risking a compromised blood supply to that section of bowel and possibly loosing a section of bowel. So he operated on Tuesday morning. He found an internal hernia, adhesions and my appendix was swollen and squishy. So he sewed the hernia, removed the adhesions and removed my appendix. I sure hope that takes care of everything!! I'm moving around ok - just sucks that I have to wear a binder for the next two months. I came home today and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed. Say a little prayer for me to have my bowels start moving again! I've been taking a softener, but still havent' passed anything yet.... not even gas. I know I'm praying!! Love you all, Pam
Scrappin Gal
on 3/29/07 8:36 am - Corona, CA
Hey Pam~ Boy, you have been through the ringer!! I've been checkin, wondering what your doc had found on Monday. Good thing they found out about your appendix now, instead of later. I'll keep ya in my prayers! Hugs, Kerri
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/07 3:04 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi, Pam-- I just read your post last night; so glad to hear that you're on the road to good health again. Have you been doing gentle walks?? I know that always helps me to get things moving. Go back to your basics--walk walk walk! Good luck-- Lynn N 6/20/2005 5' 10" 365(?)/215/ goal 165
Lucy M.
on 3/29/07 9:47 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Pam. Yes, you sure have been through a lot! I sure hope this surgery is the end to your medical problems. Now, take it easy! Get plenty of rest and follow the doctor's instructions. I will say a prayer for you! Love you too! Lucy
Sharon Larson
on 3/30/07 3:47 am - Van Nuys, CA
Pam, I'm so glad you wrote to update your condition. I've been checking the board every day! Also glad you were admitted and that this was explored and resolved!!! That was the one part I omitted from my email----that the bowel loop can stay kinked long enough to cause loss of blood supply. In extreme cases, there can be necrosis of that section of bowel---just like the doctor said. I'm so relieved for you that it didn't go that far!!! Shame on that ER the first night you went in for minimizing your pain!!! Lots of prayers your way, and I'll continue checking the board to make sure you stay okay!!! Boy, just when I think I can change jobs safely and start new insurance benefits, I read a story like this and realize that with WLS, there are a lot of possible ramifications to our "innards"afterward!!!! Hope this is all you have to put up with from here on out!!! Love, Sharon
Wendy Kipp
on 4/1/07 4:21 am - MI
Thank goodness you had all this checked up on. Pain sucks, but can sure be a great signal to our bodies. I'll say a prayer and hope you feel better soon. Lots of love with everything. How is everything else on the homefront? Wendy
fr1endly2
on 4/1/07 5:23 am - Ridge, NY
(((HUG)))))) PAM sorry you went thru all this. I guess the months and months of not feeling well was all this ...... KEEPING you in my prayers for a speedy recovery! AND i hope now you will be feeling MUCH better once your up and around! been thinking of you daily!
Most Active
Recent Topics