Almost Two Years

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/07 4:20 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi, Surgi-mates! I'm coming up on two years of a happier, healthier life, and just wanted to say hello to all of my contemporaries. My diabetes is in remission, my b/p is normal, and my last blood work was entirely normal,with the B12 being slightly elevated. I recently started work at a place where they don't know anything about my surgery or my past weight problems. It is so strange; these people don't talk about their weight, or my weight, or ANYONE'S weight! I feel as if I'm in a different country! I've never worked anywhere that these topics weren't #1!! I went on the Ensenada Cruise last month, I'm training for a big-time walk in July, and then going to the OH convention in Irvine next week. Lotsa fun stuff going on. I hope everyone continues to do well with their surgery recoveries and learning to live with our new tummies. I see that some are getting PS, and I'm so jealous! That will not be on my financial radar, but I'm happy that others are able to get rid of the extra skin. Mine is now enough to cover another person! (I've lost 150#, so that means another whole person, right?!) Thank heavens for 3/4 sleeves! Enjoy your new lives!
Wendy Kipp
on 4/8/07 4:55 am - MI
Good for you Lynn! All the health benefits are definitely what we signed up for! Let me tell you, I realized just today as I looked in the mirror that I will NEVER be happy with the way I look unless I choose to be happy with it. That means that I just had major surgery and went through tons of pain and realized that I don't look like a Victorias Secret model. I wanted to, and I bought all the cute panties and that is NOT what I am! I am in the process of making up my mind that I am happy and healthy and I don't have the body of a 20 year old petite pinup and that is OK! I am gonna review this more with myself as time passes and work on my esteem issues. I hope you can be happy with yourself as you are. I decided not to do more plastics after this. I could, but I am not going to. I don't want go through more and find out that I am looking for something I am not. Some day you may find that the time is right for plastics for you and I hope you can do what truly makes you happy, but I sure hope you can be happy with every thing now and your new life sounds wonderful! Congratulations! Wendy
Scrappin Gal
on 4/8/07 12:10 pm - Corona, CA
Congrats Lynn on all of your accomplishments!! What walk are you training for in July? I've been doing plenty of 5K and 10K walks and have done a couple of 1/2 marathons. If it's the Rock n Roll San Diego marathon, I wish you the best. My first 1/2 was the Rock n Roll San Jose. I'm so happy for you that your diabetes is in remission~ how awesome for you!!! I'm actually really anxious to see what my 2 year labs look like, now that I'm able to eat more than I could at 1 year. And, I'm right there with ya on the 3/4 length sleeves. I'm hoping to get all of that icky extra bat wing skin removed sometime in the next few years, but we're still trying to have kids and I don't want to do anything before I do that. Keep up the wonderful work, Kerri
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/07 5:29 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Hi, Kerri; I'm training for the Wharf-2-Wharf, which goes from the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz to the Boardwalk in Capitola. It's only open to 15,000 entrants (!!) because it's one of the best traveling parties going! There are about 40 different bands along the way, with people sitting on their lawns spraying the runners/walkers as they go by. Lotsa fun! I did it last year for the first time, and there's something I still can't figure out: why is it that the mile markers for the first two miles are so much closer together than the last two miles??? Go, girls!! In the meantime, we'll have all that applause when we step out of the shower and towel our hair dry, even when we're the only ones in the room.
Most Active
Recent Topics