Tattoo?

Wendy Kipp
on 5/22/07 8:51 am - MI
If anybody is still checking in here, I have a question for you all! I have a scar now from my tt and butt lift that goes all the way around me. The one up front doesn't bother me, cause it is low and noone sees it, but the one on my back is higher up and if I wear lower cut pants it shows when I sit down and stuff. I thought about getting a henna tattoo or something that goes across my back to cover it. What do you all think? My hubby says no, cause he thinks my scar is sexy, it looks like a bikini line to him, but I think if I did the right tattoo, he would like that a lot more. (I don't buy the liking the scar bit either, but he won't admit that it is ugly!) LOL! Thanks for the opinions in advance guys! I miss you all. Wendy
dawnhoutx
on 5/22/07 12:31 pm - Richmond, TX
Your husband sounds like a great guy! I personally would not mess with the scar. Give it time to fade and heal. By the way, I'm scheduled for plastic surgery - arms, breast, and lipo outer thighs- on June 15th. I'm having a lot of anxiety about it. My regular surgeon said my iron was getting low the last time I had my bloodwork, yet did not change my medication from just Flintstones & calcium. I'm starting to worry that I'm going to find out the day of surgery that my iron is too low and that I won't be able to have surgery that day. Didnt that happen to you??? Heck, I dont even know what to start taking. Any ideas? Dawn
Wendy Kipp
on 5/23/07 3:28 am - MI
He is wonderful! Yeah, I had the iron problem slow me up for two months, but it was worth the wait, my iron was low enough that I could have not walked out of the surgery the first time! They put me on prescription iron right away. I would go to your pcp and ask them if they think you need the higher iron. You can't really get any good iron over the counter. Also ask how low your iron is. Anything under 11 is getting risky with surgery coming up. Good luck on everything and thanks for your opinion. I do think I will wait. Wendy
ilyssajane
on 5/23/07 1:04 am - Forest Hills, NY
Hey Stranger! DON'T MESS WITH THE SCAR YET! You totally need to wait for it to heal. You only had surgery a few months ago. Talk to your plastic surgeon and I am sure he/she will say the same. It takes time for it to heal and if you use the different scar medications (I use scar guard) it will help it lighten up quicker! I had my TT 3 months ago and my scar is starting to look much much lighter already! Hope all is well!!!! Ilyssa
Wendy Kipp
on 5/23/07 3:30 am - MI
I hadn't even thought about that! It could be really sore around there too, I still am numb and get weird sensations sometimes around there. I am really self concious about everything right now, not just scars. I keep thinking something else will make me look better! I think I will wait awhile and see. Nice to hear from you and thanks for the advice! Wendy
GRAMMY6X
on 6/30/12 9:01 am - MANALAPAN, NJ
As of Thursday, the 25th, I am 7 years out from surgery. I lost over 110 pounds and then 3 years ago I started to slowly gain it back. I am now on Weigh****chers and have lost another 37 pounds. For the first time in almost 30 years I am in "ONE"derland and I am able to shop in a regular store with no "X's" after the size. I have received lots of positive reinforcement from family and friends and am determined not to EVER weigh over 200 pounds again!! Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics