A Day Early, Happy 2nd Year Surgianniversary!!

Lucy M.
on 5/30/07 11:43 am - Conway, SC
Wow, where has the time gone? Two years ago, we were just about to start our journey with WLS. At this time, 2 years ago, I started drinking my special pre-op drinks that boosted my immune system. I remember the first time I tasted it. YUKKY!! But soon, I developed a taste for it and enjoyed drinking them. The anticipation I was experiencing, words can't express how I felt. I was happy, scared, excited and worried all at the same time. In my heart I knew that I made the right decision. I've tried all diet programs, lost weight, gain weight, lost weight... you know the routine. I landed up fatter everytime. I hated myself and was depressed. I knew that I was killing myself slowly with food. I knew that I didn't want to live my life like that anymore. I missed out on so much in my life. No husband and no children. Didn't go on vacations much because I didn't want people to make fun of me and at my highest weight, walking was difficult. Most of you know my story and it's on my profile. I can say two years later, that I made the right decision and haven't regretted it. Life is so much better now. Yes, I am struggling with appetite issues, but I am still successful. I want to wish everyone a very Happy and Healthy 2nd Year Surgianniversary! We have been together, sharing our achievements and disappointments here on this board. We are a very special family! I am thankful for each and every one of you. There have been many times that I have been down and the support on this board has been wonderful. As our anniversary month is almost here, I hope that everyone shares their experience and feelings on their anniversary day. I know that I will on June 8th! I will be seeing my WLS surgeon on my anniversary. It is indeed time for us to celebrate our new life! Congratulations to everyone! We DID IT! Love, Lucy 484.8/383.4/168/160 pre WLS/surgery day/current/goal
kathy C.
on 5/31/07 2:32 pm - Equality, IL
Hi We share our surgiannversary. Life is so much better now. You have done so well. I am so proud for you. I'll post more on the 8th. Take care Kathy C. HW 350 preop 330 2day 174
Lucy M.
on 5/31/07 11:29 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Kathy. Congratulations on your significant weight loss achievement! I am so proud of you as well! We'll both share our stories on the 8th, only 1 week away! YAY!!! Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 6/3/07 2:52 pm - Corona, CA
Hi Lucy~ What a couple of years it has been, huh??? You have done an absolutely unbelievable job with your weight loss. Congratulations on your many successes! You and I are close to the same weight now. That's wonderful! Many blessings, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 6/3/07 9:21 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Kerri. It's been a long time. I can't believe that 2 years ago today it was my last day at work before surgery. I had to take Tuesday off because of the bowel prep. I am so happy today, I could cry! My life hasn't been this good, ever! I will be seeing my surgeon on my anniversary date, this Friday! I'm hoping for a few more pounds off since I saw him last December. It's been a tough second year, with my appetite going way beyond my expectations. I finally got it in check. Talk to you soon! Thanks for your message and "Happy Anniversary to you, too!" Love, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 6/4/07 3:04 am - MI
Glad to see your still alive and well Lucy my girl! It has been a great two years! I am proud of all of us. I too am struggling with the food situation. I think I need to learn to cook, I don't know much about cooking except meat and potatoes like my mom taught me. Maybe I should look into some class or something. It is hard to eat healthy and expensive for 6 people in my household. Try feeding a mob like us on a blue collar income! I am doing good though, and happy too. The other night, my hubby took me out for a great night for my 2 year surgiversary. We went to a fancy restaurant, comedy show and went dancing at an exclusive club in metro Detroit area! It was sooooo cool, since when we arrived, there was a big line and the bouncers saw us and pointed at us and let us in past all the other people! I flipped out! It was like on tv or something. We danced for 3 hours straight, not once did we sit down! I could not have done that 2 years ago. And my hubby was so proud of me and did not leave me alone for more than 2 minutes to get me a drink. He thought it was funny how when he left me alone all the "vultures" swarmed in around me and tried to dance with me. I kept dancing, but tried to let them know I wasn't interested. The best part was the dancing, I LOVE to dance and now I can do it all I want. Well, happy surgiversary to you too and all the others this month, love and miss you all, Wendy
Lucy M.
on 6/4/07 3:13 am - Conway, SC
Wendy, my dear friend! I was thinking about you today because of the low iron! I got my 2nd year lab results and my iron levels are way down. My total iron is 18. I was at 64 last year. My hemoglobin and hemacrit levels are down too. I will be seeing my surgeon on Friday. But I wanted to ask you at what point did you have to get iron infusions?? I hate IV's. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your new life. I can't wait to go out dancing! Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 6/4/07 5:12 am - MI
When my hemoglobin hit 10 they did the infusions, but that was because I was going to have surgery soon. I don't know when would be a good time to do them otherwise. I think 10 or lower on your hemoglobin is pretty low and if you go see a hemotologist they could tell you more. I was put on prescription iron pills called chromagen forte and they do help. But you have to be careful to take them alone and not drink coffee or tea within hours of taking them. Also cantaloupe and melons help absorb the iron into your system. Leafy greens are supposed to help with iron levels, but can actually leach it out of your system!! I did a lot of research there is tons on the net about it. Meat is a good source of iron, but for us it is hard to eat that much red meat. Turkey is pretty good. Food combinations are helpful for absorption. Do some research and you will learn a lot. Hope you get this resolved and email me how you are doing! Wendy
sp1209
on 6/5/07 9:56 am - AL
Congratulations!! You have done wonderful. The difference in your before and after picture is hard to believe!! I will be following right behind you on the 13th. Susan
Lucy M.
on 6/7/07 3:30 am - Conway, SC
Hi Susan. Thank you for your kind words. My day is tomorrow and I will celebrate by wearing some very nice clothes. Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics