Plastic surgery this Friday!!!

dawnhoutx
on 6/11/07 2:51 pm - Richmond, TX
Well, its finally my turn for plastic surgery and I'm terrified!!!! I'm getting a breast lift (no implants for now), my arms done, and lipo on my saddlebags/lower hips. Ouch!!! I decided to start with my upper body even though its by far the least of my problems skin wise. I'm not giving up on the idea that I might still be able to have kids even though I'm going to be 41 next month and am not married. I desperately need a lower body lift and leg lift but want to make sure getting pregnant is out of the question first. Miracles happen and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, wish me luck!!! My surgery is scheduled for the 15th at 8:00 AM. Dawn
Lucy M.
on 6/11/07 5:34 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Dawn! You'll do just fine with the plastic surgery. If I did, and I went through multiple procedures in the last 6 months - lower body lift, thighplasty, brachioplasty and breast lift with augmentation - SO can YOU! It is a mind altering as well as body altering experience. Emotions are all over the place. The worst is the swelling post-op and many of us got what I can post plastic surgery depression. Just like post partum depression! But with the support of the gals and guys on the plastic surgery board, I got through it with flying colors. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck. Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 6/13/07 9:24 am - MI
Dawn, You will do great! Just a thought on the child thing...If you find difficulty in pregnancy, please consider adoption. They are always looking for good foster parents as well and you can choose the sex, age and race of the children you take into your home! A lot of people don't know that you can make choices like that. I know a woman who was single and adopted 3 newborns all from the same mom over 4 years! It is a wonderful opportunity to practice parenthood also even if you don't adopt the children you care for. Good luck on your procedures and a quick recovery! Wendy
Scrappin Gal
on 6/14/07 11:58 am - Corona, CA
Hey Dawn~ Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you!!!! This is huge, what you're about ready to go through. I know that you'll do great!!! I'm especially anxious to hear how the lipo goes on the saddlebag area to see if I could get away with that rather than an entire lower body lift. I wish you all of the best~ post or email me when you have a chance! I'll be thinking about ya!! Hugs, Kerri
dawnhoutx
on 6/14/07 1:03 pm - Richmond, TX
I'll let you know how it goes Kerri. I'm curious to see if the lipo makes much of a difference too. The doctor said my skin will look worse (hard to believe) but I should look better in clothes - temporary fix for me. My excess body fat all settled in my outer legs/saddle bags. Anyway, I still don't know how to post pics so I'll send you some after I'm a few weeks out so you can see. Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. We got out at the end of May. Yeah! I'm not looking forward to wearing compression garmets for six weeks in Houston heat though. Blah!!! Dawn
ALESIA1966
on 6/14/07 11:52 pm - New Bern, NC
Congratulations Dawn on entering the next phase of your journey... I know I was really pleased with the results from my panni removal last year, right now I am 2 days recovering from a BL/BA, still having some annoying muscle pain but not too bad...Anyway, I wish you the best and know that you will be jumping for joy when its all said and done and settled and lookin' fine... Alesia
Just Me
on 6/25/07 5:39 pm - Happy Place, TN
Please let me know how you are doing!!! You are in my prayers. From these posts... it appears you posted to me AFTER you returned home... It is now the 26th of June and wonder how you are. Best Wishes!
Most Active
Recent Topics