Plastics Update

dawnhoutx
on 6/26/07 5:36 am - Richmond, TX
I'm actually doing really well from my surgery on the 15th. Right now I have some aches and pains at times in the arms and breasts, but not too bad. My lipo on the other hand is very sore - saddlebag area. The Dr. only took 1 1/2 pounds off my hips. I thought it would be a lot more than that. However, I had the lipo done just to make me look better in clothes until I can afford the MUCH NEEDED lower body-lift. Naked I won't look any better, just more skin with less fluff I guess. I'm too swollen to tell if it was all worth it yet. My arms barely needed to be done except they were starting to wrinkle further down and the armpit area bra overhang was pretty bad. The Dr. said after surgery that he had to cut further back than he thought to be able to get enough tissue to make my breasts - B cup. They look like little cone party hats to me. Ha! (Keep in mind I was a DDD before weight-loss) They will round out around the bottom with time but I don't think there is enough tissue around the tops. They wrinkle some when I bend over and that is with swelling. I'm a little nervous about it - ok, alot nervous! I'll know more in a few weeks. My fingers are crossed. My mom took some pics of me today. I don't mind sharing but don't know how to put them on here. You can e-mail me at home [email protected] if you are interested. I'm just swollen and bruised right now. By the way, I obviously don't handle looking at stitches because I passed out cold twice the day of my first shower - 4 days out. Luckily my neighbor was over with my mom to help out and they were able to keep me from getting hurt. However, I did end up on the floor both times. Heck, how do you grab someone who just had surgery to their arms and chest??? It scared them both to death. Yesterday was the first time I've tried a shower since. I've had my mom give me sponge baths until then. I swear the stitches just give me the creeps!!! :P Dawn
Scrappin Gal
on 6/26/07 1:36 pm - Corona, CA
Hi Dawn~ So glad to hear that you're hanging in there. I'd love to see pics~ you have my home email. That's pretty scary about the passing out part, though. Yikes!!! I imagine this will all be worth it. Hugs, Kerri
gizmos
on 6/28/07 12:48 am - Burns Flat, OK
I am glad you are over it and doing well. I hope you don't pass out anymore. I would like to see your pictures too. Just email them to me. I really didn't see my final results till about a year out. I kept changing gradually. But I did feel and look some better after just 6 weeks. Hang in there you will look marvelous!! Deloris
Wendy Kipp
on 7/1/07 10:08 pm - MI
Sorry for posting so late, but I haven't been on the board in awhile! I am glad you are doing really well. I did not get 100 percent what I wanted out of my tt, but I am learning to accept that it is sooooo much better than before, even with the imperfections. It is hard for formerly obese people to come to self acceptance, I don't think I will ever get there, but I am very much trying to deal with the issues. I hope you continue to heal and do well Dawn. Wendy
Just Me
on 9/9/07 11:52 am - Happy Place, TN
Hey DAWN! This is Sunday September 9th and just wanted to wish you well. Realize this is a late post, but I often do not post or read here anymore. Considering surgery and hope your surgery went well. Please let me know and Best wishes! PS: So how did the swelling reduce?
Most Active
Recent Topics