soooooooooo scared

beachesgal
on 7/5/07 3:29 am - Pace, FL
VSG on 05/20/08 with
Hi....This will be my first post. I live in FL. My BMI is 35.5. I have hypertension, fatty liver, high cholesterol, bad back, oh the list goes on. I am 5'6". Weigh 220....Wonder if I weigh enough? According to the BMI charts, I definately do! I am very depressed and scared today...like most days. I want to have WLS for health reasons first....I am scared to death though....When I even think about having the surgery, my stomach gets butterflies and I feel very fearful...part of it is my age....will be 55 this Dec....Anyone older like me out there that felt the same way before surgery? Am I too old????? ANY responses would be greatly appreciated...(Regardless of your age). SHAKY HUGS, Donna
Wendy Kipp
on 7/5/07 7:18 am - MI
Donna, I am very glad I did this. My BMI is 26 now and I am very happy and my health is very good now. You are not doing the wrong thing for yourself. It is a blessing to be able to live like a normal person. I don't know if you noticed, but this is the June 2005 surgery date board and most of us are 2 years out. We have all had success here in one way or another, but we all still struggle. It is not foolproof, but it sure is a good start to getting healthier and feeling better. Wendy
kathy C.
on 7/5/07 1:40 pm - Equality, IL
Hi I had RNY when I was almost 57. I weighed 350 at one time & 330 the day of surgery. This am I weighed 174. I no longer need meds for diabetes & have increased my mobility. I had some serious complications at first & for the first 2 months I was miserable & had major regrets! Today I am happy that I had the surgery. I believe everyone has to weigh the benefits against the risks & make an informed decision. You're going the right direction by asking questions on this site. There's a lot to be learned here. Best of luck with whatever path you choose. Kathy C.
Most Active
Recent Topics