Sad news for me...

Scrappin Gal
on 8/25/07 9:11 am - Corona, CA
Hi Everyone~ I don't even know if anyone is out here still on our Junebug board, but you guys have been such an enormous support system for me, I had to try. 3 days ago, while finishing a 5 week vacation at my parents house in Oregon, we got news that my dad has lymphoma. He had a tumor taken off of the top of his head that his primary care doc misdiagnosed as a "wen", but when opened up, was a tumor. He then was sent to a reg. surgeon who told us, upon removal, that he was 95% sure it was nothing to worry about, he didn't believe it was cancer. Long and short of it, they were all wrong. It is cancer~ to what extent and location/s we're not sure. It's just ironic because I had extended my vacation ( first two weeks were with DH) because of health issues for my mom. Never did it occur to us that my dad's life would change forever. Just needed to share... anyone out there have experience with this? I've done some internet research, but won't know a lot until further testing is done. Hope everyone is healthy and happy. I'm personally still trying to get back off those 10 "bounce back" lbs. Thanks to all of you for listening~ Hugs, Kerri
Kelli Jo
on 8/30/07 12:11 am - Katrina Land, LA
Kerri so sorry to hear this...I will keep ya'll in my prayers... I don't really know anything about this.
Scrappin Gal
on 9/2/07 2:03 am - Corona, CA
Thanks Kelli Jo~ How are things going for you? Did you ever relocate? How's life and your health? Hugs, Kerri
Kelli Jo
on 9/3/07 11:29 pm - Katrina Land, LA
Hi... I plan to move next year after I sell my house... I promised babygirl she could finish 8th grade b4 we move... otherwise I would have left long ago... healthwise I'm doing better than I was but I was on steroids for so long I put on a lot of weight and now feel very uncomfortable...but thanks for asking! My life... ugh.. kids putting me thru those teen years!
Wendy Kipp
on 8/30/07 3:51 am - MI
Kerri, I am soooo sorry to hear about your dad. I know though that he has a very wonderful and loving supportive daughter to lean on in the next steps of his life. It is hard to deal with a parent that is ill as we are used to them being our support system. My mom has battled bladder cancer for 10 years. She has many painful moments, but we have grown much closer because of it. It is reassuring to know that there are many new and growing treatments in the oncology field and I am sure the doctors will work hard to help your family. Lots of love and prayers with your family Kerri. As for the bounce back lbs, I have my 5 that go up and down like a roller coaster! Drives me nuts! Don't worry about them though, it's is still better than the hundreds we carried before! Wendy
Scrappin Gal
on 9/2/07 2:11 am - Corona, CA
Thanks for your support, Wendy. I really appreciate it. I know what you mean about the illness bringing you closer~ and I didn't think that I could be any closer to him than I already was! He's gone through a couple of procedures this week, including a bone marrow biopsy. But, he came through it okay, thank goodness. Next Friday he'll find out the results. How's your health doing? I know that you had had some issues~ iron or anemia? How are you feeling these days? Is life good? Miss ya, Kerri
Wendy Kipp
on 9/2/07 5:48 am - MI
Doing pretty good. I haven't been up on the vitamins like I should, but my levels have been good. I would really like to get another 10-15lbs off of me. Ron thinks I am good, but well you know how it is! Good to hear from you too, but sorry it is under such bad cir****tances. Wendy
GirlNextDoor_
on 8/30/07 8:08 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
I don't write too much on our page, but I always lurk. I am so sad to hear about your father. My husband and I will pray for him and your family. Keep your head up. Help your dad have a positive attitude. Blessings to you and your family!
Scrappin Gal
on 9/2/07 2:15 am - Corona, CA
Thanks, Beverly, for the support. I appreciate yoiur prayers. Dad is really hanging in there, I'm so proud of him. He's really demonstrating for me how you handle a life changing/threatening event. Hope all is well with your "tool". Hugs, Kerri
Just Me
on 9/9/07 11:58 am - Happy Place, TN
Hi Kerri, You and all your family are in my prayers. I looked up how vitamins can change the behavior of cancer and come up with zero. Thought I would help, but as it appears, I think my prayers are the best thing I can send. Always, just me
Most Active
Recent Topics