hi guys.....long overdue but had bloodwork done

fr1endly2
on 10/20/07 9:20 am - Ridge, NY
Well today my pcp and me went over my bloodwork and he told mer im very anemic and very lo b12. SO got my b12 shot. told me to start takeing IRON pills. i guess this is also a good reason for my mood swings, depression and no energy.....so hopefully ill be feeling better shortly . JUST wanted to share.
Sharyn
on 10/20/07 10:05 pm - Columbus, OH
Hi Lisa I'm glad you posted about your bloodwork. I never got my 2 year check up - so you have inspired me to make an appt. Thanks I've missed you Sharyn
fr1endly2
on 10/21/07 8:41 am - Ridge, NY
YOUR so welcome! yes folks! we cant slack on getting our blood work down! and the moods, and tireds are not normal so get your blood work checked! and take all your supplements! hugs
Lucy M.
on 11/11/07 9:21 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Lisa. I haven't been on this site for sometime. I, too have very low iron and have been on supplements since June. My levels have come up a bit since then. I felt tired all the time. That sure explained it for me. Now I am working on my weight regain, I feel so bad about it. I was so vigilent and then down the path of destruction again. I am having another round of plastic surgery in less than two weeks. I'm having a face lift and removing my breast implants. I've been so depressed with them. I'll be so happy to have them out. I hope you're up to par soon. Hugs, Lucy
fr1endly2
on 11/12/07 12:46 am - Ridge, NY
sharyn im glad this inspired you to goo get ur blood checked! I feel horrible with tireds but never figured on this stuff.... i hope when i see my surgeon he gets me on the track to getting well. LUCY....sorry your haveing this trouble... i too just want my energy back... doing everything is an effort and i just want to sleep so not like me. I hope they figure things out soon for me.... and i too have a regain to work on. I did good lost a few but now im not doing well. hugs! anyone else lo on iron or b12?????
conster326
on 11/12/07 5:19 am - Branson, MO
Thanks for posting about this. I haven't been able to go to my 2 year-check-up. No insurance and no money...I need to figure out a way to do this to make sure everything is okay.
Wendy Kipp
on 11/20/07 4:29 am - MI
Hi Lisa! I haven't been in here for so long either! I thought i would be the one that hung in here forever! LOL! I do have a My Space and you are on there, so feel free to contact me, although I am about as frequent there as I am here LOL! But I do have some new pics in there that show me at my goal weight. I too had the iron thing, went for the infusions before plastics and haven't had trouble since with that, although I am having the mood trouble and some depression on and off. Maybe b12 also. Should have that checked too. Thanks for the reminder. Wendy
ALESIA1966
on 11/20/07 6:17 am - New Bern, NC
Hi Lisa and Everyone else out there still checking in on this board... Guess from the responses many are in the same boat, needing to be more diligent about keeping up with ALL the vits and sliding down the slippery slope of confidence that we know what we are doing and then falling of track - I know I was warned in advance that bounce back of 10-15% is common around the 2 year mark and of course, told myself ( deluded, whats new) that this was NOT going to be me, now here I am, this morning up 8 lbs from where I want to be when I swore that once I got to +3 I would do what ever it took to get back down to my "magic" number... Know I have lost control of several of the good habits I developed early on and now need to get back to them...Resolved this afternoon, its over, I cannot do my pre-op cop-out and say it'll wait until after the holidays...Banning excess simple carbs for my choices and limiting refined sugar to 5 grams or less per serving AND its time to get back to 3 small MEASURED meals and 2 good snacks with NO side tracks... Just my two cents...Keep the course, work the program, remember RNY only fails you if you fail it... Alesia
Most Active
Recent Topics