Accountability - for 5/12

ALESIA1966
on 5/12/09 11:44 pm - New Bern, NC

Hey, Hey  its hump day,

For me the last day of work this week...Got a Bike Rally this weekend, Wooowhoo!!!  Seemed to be on a pretty good track yesterday...After my gym workout I was feeling the need to munch and with the cals being pretty low up to that point I decided to add a protein cocoa as a last thing snack to take the edge off and satisfy my craving for something...

Pre-B  :  1 sausage link

B - Starbucks venti sf / nf choc caramel praline latte

S1 - homemade coffeehouse style drink

S2 - 4 oz live active cottage cheese with 1 tbsp sf strawberry jelly swirled in, a sprinkle of
         splenda for extra sweetness and 1/4 TVP on top for extra protein

L - 3 oz grilled BBQ chicken breast, 1/2 cajun pintos (left over from Bojangles) & 5 dk choc
       espresso beans

D - 1 cup caesar salad topped with 4 oz grilled salmon with lemon/butter

S - protein hot cocoa

135 oz water/crystal lite                  Cals :  1070     Fat :  31     NetCarbs :  79     Protein :  105

Good luck working your program today, keep on course   Alesia  5'5"  136lbs

Shelley S.
on 5/13/09 3:20 am - Granite City, IL

Woo Hoo Thank goodness it's Wednesday!!!

I am finally starting to function again after 2 days of bad headaches.  I have been going through the whole soda withdrawl.  I can say I am doing really well.  I still can't exercise but think I will talk to the doctor today to see if I can at least ride the exercise bike.  At least then I would be off my hips but still working the muscles!

I wanted to ask you what kind of protein do you use?  I am on the 100% whey protein and really would like to find some others I might like too.  I need a change!

B - Protein shake with 8 oz 1% milk, banana, and SF chocolate milk mix.

S- A large Fuji apple

L- Beef Pot Roast Lean Cuisine - I didn't eat the dessert!

S - 5 strawberries and a banana

D - 4 oz chicken with hot salsa and  2 oz pinto beans

S - No snack last night... I ate dinner rather late.  I had to work late.

100 oz water/lemonaid SF             Cals: 1195          Fat: 20      NetCarbs: 150     Protein: 88

Good Luck on your program today and keep strong while off work.  I think I am going to up my protein a little more and do a little less of the carbs and see if that will help me any too!  I see my carbs are a little high.  Thank goodness it's in the good stuff now instead of the junk I was eating!

Shelley  5' 2"   238 lbs.

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

ALESIA1966
on 5/13/09 4:49 am, edited 5/13/09 4:54 am - New Bern, NC

Hey Shelley,

Nice numbers for the day, kept the cals low, fat low, good job...I suspect most of the carbs are comin from fruit, they are good carb choices - might suggest ( per my NUT ) that as long as your are actively trying to keep losing you should limit the fruit to a serving per day ( natural sugar in fruit in addition to the carbs work against your body losing ), looks like you really love fruit, so just remember its not forever, also try the lower carb/sugar fruits like berries - bananas, melons and any dried fruit are the worst...

Glad to hear you a leaving the caffeine withdrawl headaches behind, they are hard to deal
with ...

I use a whey based protein usually, but have tried soy, it tastes very similar to me only a little creamier, but my NUT always said the Whey is better for you...As for brands, I like Dymatize Elite in choc & buttercream...Unjury for vanilla and unflavored...American Protein for choc, strawberry and cake batter flavors...I use these base powders in a variety of drink choices...Also really like the OH YEAH ready to drink in both vanilla and choc, use is in shakes or as creamer in coffee or to add a kick to hot cocoa

STRAWBERRY BANANA SHAKE
1 scoop vanilla or cake batter or buttercream protein powder
1 packet crystal lite strawberry banana flavor
1/4 cup OH Yeah vanilla
2 heaping spoons benefiber ( to help keep things moving )
a drizzle of  SF strawberry syrup and SF caramel syrup
about 1" of fresh banana
a whole lot of ice ( 12-18 cubes)
and fill the bullet up with water to get it all blended ( probably a cup or so )

DREAM SCICLE SHAKE
1 scoop vanilla protein
8 oz tropicana orange the non carb fruit imitation one you find in the water and soda aisle
2 heaping spoons benefiber
and fill up the bullet with ice

PEANUT BUTTER CUP SHAKE
1 scoop choc or buttercream protein powder
1 cup choc carb count down milk
3 pumps davinci SF peanut butter syrup
1/2 pump davinci SF choc syrup
and fill up the bullet with ice
1 heaping spoon of decaf coffee crystals

BANANA CARMELLO SHAKE
1 Scoop choc protein powder
1 cup choc carb count down
2" fresh banana
1 pump SF davinci choc syrup
1.5 oz SF davinci caramel syrup
1 squirt of SF caramel icecream topping
and fill it up with ice

These are my regular faves...I will also mix up some varieties based on what flavors of SF syrups, toppings and crystal lite I have on hand and use the vanilla or choc for my main base flavor...ALL these have a cal range of 225-260 depending on the drink, are low carb and have 30-35 grams of protein per drink ( about 16 oz when mixed )

A last thought, on your carb intake - at your current weight you would need about 118 grams of protein to maintain, if your goal is 130 about 81 grams, the formula is goal weight divided by 2 and then multiply by 1.19 to get the magic minimum protein number...My nut always said in the losing stage to keep carbs at 1/2 my daily protein intake and protein over 80 and as close to 100 as possible...

Going to water aerobics tonight, bloodwork for my annual tomorrow morning...Until then...

Alesia  5'5"  136lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics