weight gain

Leesa219
on 7/2/11 10:28 am - Ramsay, MI
I am just wondering how many people suffered from weight gain?  I had gained back 25 of my lost pounds,  I felt guilt and struggled with the poor self image yadda yadda yadda..in the middle of May I went back to the basics of post op eating and lost what I had gained and then some..I am happy with my return and hope to keep losing since I never achieved my goal...what I have learned about myself is that when I had surgery I followed my diet and exercise routine but then I lost weight even if I didn't follow all the "rules" and as a result became more lax with the diet and exercise. Sure at first I didn't gain, but eventually that is how I was able to find the 25 lost pounds.  Now I feel like I am constantly worried about everything I eat, even though I am eating the right stuff,  I guess I have the realization now that weight gain can and will happen if the lifestyle isn't changed.  OK so I rattled on....I was just hoping that there was someone out there with a similar situation...

Have a good holiday
Lisa 
Wendy Kipp
on 7/27/11 2:52 pm - MI
 I have gained 50 lbs since my surgery. I had lost a total of 210lbs, so in the grand realm of things, not bad for 6 years, but I too am very unhappy about my lack of self discipline. I just started back on the high protein diet and hope to continue so that I can get back down to my goal weight. 

Wendy
Debra H.
on 8/24/11 11:40 pm - Camden, NY
It's been way too long since I've posted. I have gained 18 lbs from my lowest weight after surgery. I fractured my ankle in May of this year and spent pretty much 8 weeks non weight bearing, sitting on my fanny doing NOTHING. That resulted in 5 lbs in 8 weeks.

I've noticed in the last year that I can definitely eat more than I used to. Still not more than 1 cup of food at any one time, but I'm noticing that I'm grazing more. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am going to go back to basics, increase my protein, up my water and eliminate those damn chips that are my nemisis.

Thanks for any hints! Debra

Debra Harlander

RNY 6/28/05  247/230/151/137

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body...... but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW"!!!- what a ride!"

serenitynow1967
on 4/18/12 3:51 am - Lakewood, OH
 Hi Lisa! Hope you're still here even though you posted this in July!!! What did you do to return to the basics? Thank you!

Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics