It took 7 months, but I finally have a surgery date!

1570dorothy
on 4/6/05 8:25 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Finally got the call last week from the NP at Dr. Katkhouda's ofc. My surgery is set for June 28, '05. I have scheduled my stress test, psyche exam and pre-op work. Even though I'm committed to having this surgery and looking forward to the rest of my new life, I'm getting more anxious every day! I'm not so concerned about the procedure itself because my doc is a leader in the field with an excellent track record. I just hope I can get through it without having a nervous breakdown!
luckyme49504
on 4/7/05 8:55 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Dorothy....I know exactly how you feel, my surgery date is June 14th and I don't think I can last that long. I am so anxious and nervous and excited its killing me!!! I will be praying for you and hopefully you can relax and stay calm (me too****il your big day. Good luck!!
1570dorothy
on 4/7/05 12:40 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Thank you so much! It's good to know I'm not alone. Good luck and I'll be praying for you as well...and since your date is before mine, I'll look forward to hearing all about your experience! One more thing that's adding to my stress level: my doc wanted me to lose 15-20 pounds prior to the surgery. I'm down 9, but it is so hard! Don't they know that if I could lose weight 'just ike that', I wouldn't need the surgery??? Grrr!!!&$#
luckyme49504
on 4/8/05 11:54 am - Grand Rapids, MI
My doc is the same and wants me to lose weight, too. In fact, he said if I gain anymore weight he will cancel my surgery! But hey, losing 9 pounds is awesome! You've already got a head start and it will be that much easier getting to your goal....GOOD LUCK! I know you can do it!
1570dorothy
on 4/10/05 2:13 pm - Signal Hill, CA
Thanks for the encouragement, Randi...All the best to you on your journey. I'll be thinking of you on June 14th!
Most Active
Recent Topics