Just got my surgery date!

Tracy J.
on 4/21/05 12:01 pm - West Fargo, ND
Yesterday I got a phone call from Amanda, Dr. Howell's nurse. They had sent my first appeal in about 1 1/2 weeks earlier, so I was nervous. I had been told that I would find out before the doctor found out if I was approved. I had not received any information from BC/BS, so I was sure that there was bad news again....denial. When I called Amanda back, she asked me if I had heard from my insurance company, and I said, "no." She said...."You are approved!" I could not believe it! After my first denial, I was so nervous. So anyway Amanda gave me the two first earliest dates. May 3 or 6. My daughter is graduating from HS on May 29,and I am having open surgery, so I asked to schedule it after graduation. I have it scheduled for June 6 @ Meritcare Hospital in Fargo, ND. I am so excited!!! Today I recieved a packet of misc. info from Dr. Howell's office regarding my pre-op appointments with him and the dietician. It really must be going to happen!
Barbijean
on 4/22/05 9:05 am - Imler, PA
CONGRATULATIONS, BEST WISHES & BLESSINGS. I just found out a couple of hours ago that mine has been approved by my insurance company. I called the surgeon and set up a date right away!!!! My surgery is June 7!!! Barb
Tracy J.
on 4/27/05 2:21 pm - West Fargo, ND
Just an update.....We had gastric bypass support group tonight. Dr. Howell spoke at it, and i am so excited. I continue to keep pinching myself to see if this is real. I feel so excited and also lucky to be having Dr. Howell do my surgery. Dr. Howell routienly also removes the Gall Bladder and gives a vagotomy (don't know if I spelled it right), which is cutting two little nerves at the top of the new pouch. This is to help reduce the chance of developing ulcers. The people that come to support group are totally awesome. Tonight about 2/3 of the attendees were post op, and 1/3 pre op. I always come from there feeling so good and confident about my surgery!
Tracy J.
on 5/4/05 9:01 am - West Fargo, ND
more updates!!! Today a friend of mine that had surgery 9 years ago, by the same surgeon, dropped off a gift for me. It is a photo album that she inserted kind of like a diary/journal pages to, and a place to write lots of information for each month following surgery. It is great. I am so excited to get started on it.... The coolest thing is under February....it says to my husband...."time to shop at Victoria's Secret for Tracy's Valentines Gift!!!"
Most Active
Recent Topics