I have a date! Need info on clothing in NYC area.

P. Laurel
on 4/22/05 5:10 am - Arvada, CO
I am SO excited! I have a date of 6/3 and my fiance's date is 6/10! We are going to melt away together. We both moved to NYC from Nashville last September and are having our surgeries at Mount Sinai. We both have Cigna PPO (we work for the same company) and are crossing our fingers and praying a LOT that the approval goes through quickly and without any hitches. It seems that Dr. Kini's staff knows what is needed and we have dotted all our "i"s and crossed all our "t"s. Our company HR department is very supportive, so maybe that will give us an edge. I can only hope. I have been looking online for places in NY for our downsize clothing needs. We live in Queens. If anyone in the area is aware of some good places to get clothing while we shrink, please let me know. I hate to buy a lot of things to just use for a few months. I know if where the good consignment shops are in Nashville, but have NO idea about here.
Barbijean
on 4/22/05 9:02 am - Imler, PA
I am so happy for both of you! I just found out today that my insurance company approved my surgery! Mine is June 7! Congratulations, best wishes & blessings, Barb
Tracy J.
on 4/22/05 7:10 pm - West Fargo, ND
Congrats! I hope every thing goes smooth for you and your fiance. Great job you have to be so excited. I know I am. My surgery is June 6 Best of luck to you
ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 11:12 pm - Forest Hills, NY
Good luck to both of you! I live on Long Island and my Dr's office told me about clothing swaps that go on. When I hear about something I will let you know. I am having my surgery on June 22nd and I too am trying to figure out my clothing situation. I HAVE SO MUCH CLOTHES and if I drop the weight as fast as they say, I will be growing out of my wardrobe quicker than planned. I have from size 18 - 24 hanging in my closet so don't know what I am going to do. One good idea for inexpensive is sticking to the Targets or Sears and places like that. I know you can get great deals at the Sears on Queens Blvd right by you! Good Luck, Ilyssa
Most Active
Recent Topics