I've got a date with destiny!

ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 6:03 am - Forest Hills, NY
Can't wait! Going in on June 22nd! I feel like I am floating on air, and it can't be happening any sooner. I am starting to freak out about the protein drinks though. I've never liked them before, so I guess I better learn to like them!!!!
Meka F.
on 4/28/05 7:45 am - Bellevue, WA
Congrats Ilyssa! We have the same date, can't wait till it gets here!
ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 11:06 pm - Forest Hills, NY
I am floating on cloud 9 waiting for the day! Good luck!
Tracy J.
on 4/28/05 8:25 am - West Fargo, ND
congrats.....one thing the hospital that I am having surgery said is that for the first two months, we have to add powdered milk to stuff, like cream soups, pudding, yogurt, etc, to increase the protein, and it is low cost and doesn't taste as bad. Hope this helps Tracy
ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 11:08 pm - Forest Hills, NY
Wow, powdered milk, I hadn't heard of that yet. I am going to have to check it out. I know it has to be cheaper than the other protein supplements. Thanks for the tip! Ilyssa
smallerbyhalf
on 4/28/05 9:00 am - Phila, PA
Congratulations Ilyssa! I have the same date! Good luck to us both. I just saw someone post on the main message board about "unjury protein -unflavored" They said it truly is unflavored and they add it to Crystal Lite and even cook with it. I'm going to give it a try! It's one of the first positive protein posts I have seen. They said you can find it at unjury.com Hope it helps us both!
ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 11:02 pm - Forest Hills, NY
WOO HOO! I can't wait! Good luck to you too! Thanks for the info, I went to unjury.com and ordered a sample packet of their stuff. Once I try I will let you know how it is! THANKS!
Sue
on 4/28/05 11:13 am - Barberton, OH
Congratulations on your date! Mine is June 1st.....only 34 days! Yikes...it is coming up fast! Protien powders.....have you tried Nectar? I have bought fuzzy navel. Great orange peach flavor. I mixed it with Crystal Light orange today int was really good! I have used it with plain water is was still very good! It has 32 grams of protein in an 8 oz serving! I got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe...they did have other flavors as well. I will try Roadside Lemonade next time I am down there. Hope it helps! Sue
ilyssajane
on 4/28/05 10:49 pm - Forest Hills, NY
That does sound pretty good. I have some recipes already, but I am chicken to try them. I guess because I have never had a good protein experience. This weekend I will hit the Vitamin Shoppe and take a look around. I know some brands offer sample packets of all their flavors to take home and try. I heard if you mix vanilla flavored and the orange crystal light you get a orange creamsickle??? THanks for the help! Ilyssa
Most Active
Recent Topics