Recent Posts

honeejr
on 12/14/11 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Having a revision
 Shelly I know this is late.  I do hope everything went well with you surgery.  God bless and please keep updating!   Hugs. 
Shelley S.
on 10/2/11 11:51 pm - Granite City, IL
Thanks for the reply.  I have had to change my surgery date once again.  Now I am scheduled for October 25 at 12:00 pm.  I have stopped drinking soda and really fighting a lot of water retention.  I am now on to combatting those damn sugars before surgery.  I figure I better stop the bad habits now since I know what I am in for later.  I will post again soon.  Have a great week.

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

Leesa219
on 10/2/11 1:00 am - Ramsay, MI
Good luck to you on your journey...Funny the things you learn after..what I learned is that yes in the first year- 18months you lose,  I followed the diet at first and thought Im losing even when I "cheat" so gradually the weight loss slows down,  next thing you know 20-30 pounds you thought were lost seemed to have found their way home (on me).. this spring I did the 5 day pouch test and lost all the weight that found me and a litle  more, unlike you I never reached my goal weight but continue to work on it every day..  I totally get the predjudice thing too...sorry I rambled on..  Remember dont let other people get  you down..sometimes easier said than done..I usually check here about once a month..I will watch for posts see how you are doing
Shelley S.
on 9/6/11 6:32 am - Granite City, IL
Topic: Having a revision
Well since everyone is doing so great and noone posts here anymore, I thought I would come and share some good/bad news.  I am having a revision.  After surgery I never met my goal weight and after about 2 years started slowly gaining some back after 4 years I had a huge weight gain and just found out I have a huge hiatal hernia.  I am going to have a revision and have it all repaired at  the same time.  I have gained every ounce back that I had lost and after 6 years have decided it's time to do this.  I am not the happy person I was when I had lost the weight and I have experienced so much in the way of prejudice and I am just ready to be who I was 4- 5 years ago.  So my date is October 18 and it just can't come soon enough. 

Shelley

He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made.

Debra H.
on 8/24/11 11:40 pm - Camden, NY
Topic: RE: weight gain
It's been way too long since I've posted. I have gained 18 lbs from my lowest weight after surgery. I fractured my ankle in May of this year and spent pretty much 8 weeks non weight bearing, sitting on my fanny doing NOTHING. That resulted in 5 lbs in 8 weeks.

I've noticed in the last year that I can definitely eat more than I used to. Still not more than 1 cup of food at any one time, but I'm noticing that I'm grazing more. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I am going to go back to basics, increase my protein, up my water and eliminate those damn chips that are my nemisis.

Thanks for any hints! Debra

Debra Harlander

RNY 6/28/05  247/230/151/137

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body...... but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "WOW"!!!- what a ride!"

Leesa219
on 8/2/11 11:21 am - Ramsay, MI
Topic: RE: Personal life
I have the same job since before surgery,  I have very supportive coworkers, they are great motivators..personal life in a long term relationship, we started dating after I had surgery, met prior to surgery, broke up for about a year and a half but going strong now for about 4 years.  He is a great cook and has my portion size down to a science.  I am very happy to have had the surgery and to be out of the morbidly obese category..I feel great..congrats on entering grandmahood..
Wendy Kipp
on 7/27/11 2:54 pm - MI
Topic: Personal life
How much has changed in your personal lives since surgery? I think EVERYTHING for me is different now.  I am divorced, remarried, live in a new city, have a new job, I now have step kids and soon to be a grandma!! How about everyone else? 
Wendy Kipp
on 7/27/11 2:52 pm - MI
Topic: RE: weight gain
 I have gained 50 lbs since my surgery. I had lost a total of 210lbs, so in the grand realm of things, not bad for 6 years, but I too am very unhappy about my lack of self discipline. I just started back on the high protein diet and hope to continue so that I can get back down to my goal weight. 

Wendy
Wendy Kipp
on 7/27/11 2:28 pm - MI
Topic: RE: Ferritin levels
 I have had iron infusion steadily twice a year since about 2007.  My hemoglobin was very low, I had chronic anemia, but now it is all about the Ferritin. My hemotologist says I will probably always have to have infusion. It helps a lot. 
Leesa219
on 7/2/11 10:28 am - Ramsay, MI
Topic: weight gain
I am just wondering how many people suffered from weight gain?  I had gained back 25 of my lost pounds,  I felt guilt and struggled with the poor self image yadda yadda yadda..in the middle of May I went back to the basics of post op eating and lost what I had gained and then some..I am happy with my return and hope to keep losing since I never achieved my goal...what I have learned about myself is that when I had surgery I followed my diet and exercise routine but then I lost weight even if I didn't follow all the "rules" and as a result became more lax with the diet and exercise. Sure at first I didn't gain, but eventually that is how I was able to find the 25 lost pounds.  Now I feel like I am constantly worried about everything I eat, even though I am eating the right stuff,  I guess I have the realization now that weight gain can and will happen if the lifestyle isn't changed.  OK so I rattled on....I was just hoping that there was someone out there with a similar situation...

Have a good holiday
Lisa 
Most Active
Recent Topics