What are you doing to prepare?

Jennifer K.
on 5/22/06 2:58 am - Phoenix , AZ
I am scheduled June 20th... start the liquid diet June 6th. Wanted to see what others were doing to prepare! Thanks
Teri D.
on 5/22/06 3:31 am - Dowagiac, MI
I have about 3 samples of protien, sf jello,broths, etc. I havent had my pretest yet, so not sure what else i will have to do closer to my day.june 14. good luck, teri
Caryl Mauk
on 5/22/06 9:00 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
I've collected lots of different protein shake samples. I've lost 30 lbs and now I'm doing a low carb pre-op diet. I'm walking daily with my dogs. Hopefully my surgery will be in mid-June. Caryl
Shellie G.
on 5/23/06 1:55 pm - Hewitt, TX
Hello I am also schedules on June 20. I have bought several kinds of protein. I have a cabinet full of stuff I can eat after I get out of hospital. I almost have all of my stuff packed for hospital. I am so excited that its hard to contain myself. Blessings Shellie
Tin K.
on 5/24/06 5:12 am
I just found out Monday, and I've had to work, so haven't had much time to do anything but write lists.. I need to get my B*tt in gear and start exercising daily! Also - am eating low carb/only good carbs and high protein. I was told to sample protein drinks, but then I've read so many stories of people's tastes changing that my plan is to just stock up on a HUGE variety so I can figure out Post-op what I like. 1. Otherwise here's my current list: 2. Write my Living will (God forbid, but better safe then sorry) 3. Write an advanced directive for health care decisions 4. Obtain a power of attorney so my husband can control my financial assets for me if I need him to, OR without me if the worst would happen. 5. Writing messages to my kids and my family members (who do not know btw) just in case... These will be stashed away in my desk. 6. Scheduling the time off at work!!! 7. Making airline reservations for us 8. Making hotel reservations for us 9. Booking a rental car 10. Journalling it all like crazy!! 11. Collecting last minute papers for everyone (insurance - surgeon- pcp etc..) 12. Continuing to read, read, read... 13. Looking for great recipes for later on down the road 14. Stocking up on various post op foods (broth, popsicles, applesauce etc..) 15. Trying to get my house in order - ie DEEP clean, bad food thrown away, system for aftwerwards (so I don't have to go up and down the stairs) 16. Packing my bags 17. Getting my surgery!!
Jennifer K.
on 5/24/06 9:58 pm - Phoenix , AZ
You know... Ive done some of the same things! After all the horror stories you hear about people I wrote a will. I already have my living will filled out. Also made sure it was known that I want to donate my organs and be creamated I left a list of people to contact and also a few letters to close friends and family. I havent seen anybody else mention doing all this yet. But the way my life works, if I am prepaired for it... it doesnt happen! woo hoo
DScheidle
on 5/25/06 2:45 am - El Cajon, CA
K - What a detailed list ! Most of those legal issues I am currently working on too. I'm also making sure my company is prepared for the worst, just in case. The way I look at it, if things go as planned, I won't be coming back to a mess on my desk. One of my favorite sayings: If you plan for the worst, and pray for the best, chances are good you'll fall somewhere in between! Hmmm... Maybe I should add that to my tagline... Darrin San Diego, CA
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views