Nerves are getting the best of me...

Stefanie
on 5/22/06 9:56 pm - Macedonia, OH
I am so excited. My lap RNY is scheduled for June 13th... But on the same hand, I am so scared and nervous.. I guess of the unknown. I have researched this surgery for so long, and prayed for an approval. Now I got the approval and my date, and dont get me wrong I am happy but so scared too. I have great support. My family is so excited for me. Please give me some hope and positive vibes. I really need them. Thanks, Stefanie
Teri D.
on 5/23/06 1:26 am - Dowagiac, MI
Stef, if you have done your homework, you know the first few weeks are going to be difficult. I am scheduled for open rny the day after you. I have had abdominal surgery, so i know what is in front of me, what you have to think about is where you will be a few months from now. the weight you will be losing, the health you will regain and the great change it will be. fear is normal and if you werent scared, you wouldnt be normal. i think everyone goes through that. think of the positive and what great things you have to look forward to, see you on the other side! teri
Tin K.
on 5/24/06 5:02 am
Have you checked out many of these "I have a date" posts??? I posted nearly the same thing as you, about how nervous and scared and EXCITED all at once I am, and THEN I started reading... it's amazing how many people say the same thing!! I just wanted you to know that you're NOT alone!! We're all right here with you, rooting you on, eagerly anticipating your success and our own.. We CAN do this... together! (((HUGS))) Hang in there, K? K
jmom
on 5/26/06 4:35 pm - union, OR
Stefanie, Just wanted to tell you my date is 6-13 also!i will keep you in my prayers. Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views