Any ANGELS looking for a buddy or buddy's needing an ANGEL?

Tin K.
on 5/24/06 6:28 am
Hey you guys - I'm so excited about being part of the JUNE WLS board... I was thinking - since we're so close to one another in dates - we have to be careful that our buddy isn't scheduled to be in the hospital on the same day as us, but otherwise we're the perfect candidates to support each other!! Sooooo.... Anyone in? Here's my understanding of what buddies do... someone correct me (or add to this) if I'm wrong... Buddies check in with your support person at the hospital to see how you're doing and report back to OH.. IE - calls your spouse, mom, bf etc... then posts "they're out of surgery.." or what have you. Some buddies fax your list of well wishes off of your surgery support page for you to read while you're in the hospital. I see some buddies announce on the main OH board that so and so is having surgery - come sign their page and or offer up prayers and support. I have heard of some buddies who live near each other actually going to the hospital and walking the halls once or twice - bringing magazines, whatever... But this is more rare - mostly since we're so spread out across the country!!! Some buddies email or snail mail a card to the hospital or a little care package.. Buddies relay messages to and from the board Overall - its a support person who also goes between you and the board while you're in surgery/recovering, and supports you more then perhaps the average joe! So, anyone looking?? Anyone offering?? Let's support each other June babies!! We are a special group lets take it on ourselves to see that everyone is cheered on through their journey! K
Karen K.
on 5/24/06 10:08 am - Neenah, WI
I am looking for one - my surgery is June 6th Please help me find one. Thanks Karen - Wisconsin
Tin K.
on 5/25/06 5:30 am
Okay Karen, definately! Who else is going to join in?!?!?! Come on guys, show the June board some support!!!
DScheidle
on 5/26/06 6:30 am - El Cajon, CA
I'll be glad to be someone's Angel. But I will be traveling from June 9 - 18th, so I need to find someone whose going through surgery before hand to be an Angel for. Since I go for surgery on the 22nd, I may not be able to be an Angel for someone after my return, BUT I could certainly use one! Darrin San Diego, CA
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/06 5:49 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I want in too and I also need a buddy. My surgery is the 19 and I think it would be really fun for us to support each other.
Tin K.
on 5/28/06 6:13 pm
Anyone else!?!?! I'll leave this open of course through June - but I figured I'd give it two more days, and then try to match some people up?? Is that what would work for you guys, or would you rather choose the person you want to be angel for yourself? I just want to make sure that everyone who would like one gets one! I know they make a difference, and it makes recovery, and spirits that much better.. Let me know what you guys think, ok?? And thanks to those who've already responded!
Tin K.
on 6/1/06 5:06 pm
Sending out replies tonight... I'm sad this is all the response I got!!! We gotta support each other guys! We're the only ones who are going to know what it's like, and how tough it is. You can still do it yourself - I'll post the link in a minute about being an angel - and you can always arrange your own, or post here - I'll check on it every couple of days. I just want no one who would like an angel to get overlooked! K
Tin K.
on 6/1/06 5:20 pm
Here's the link about being an OH angel http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/beanangel.phtml Check it out! It's not hard at all - and imagine the joy you'll bring to someone!!! K
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views