Plastics???

Heather's Myth
on 2/18/07 11:45 pm - Smack In the Middle, NJ
Hello Losers - I am wondering if any of you have taken the plunge and consulted for plastics? I know they say wait a year, and i am not ready yet - another 25#'s I figure before I will really know what can be done, but I thought it might be good to at least go for a consult to get the ball rolling. I am not even sure I want to go under the knife but I do know that I want to know my options. So anyway: Who has done it ? Who is thinking about it ? What do you want done if $$$ was no issue?
michigirl
on 2/19/07 12:23 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Heather- I love the picture. So pretty! I am not close enough to goal yet to consider plastics. But I think about it all the time. I would have everything done if $$$ were no object. Heck, I live in plastic, beautyville Los Angeles. I want my boobs & stomach done. Arms & thighs too. Maybe even a butt lift. I'll take it all. I hate the way my arms and thighs look. I love swimming and am really going to scare a few small children looking like this. Reality is that I will most likey only get the stomach done. Although DH expressed a wish for my boobs to be done. So if he is willing to sacrafice for that who am I to say no? I do have a question though. When getting to a goal weight do you consider the excess skin weight? Example: You want to weigh 140lbs. So you get to 155lbs and the rest is excess skin weight? I am not sure on this one. Michelle
Heather's Myth
on 2/19/07 3:12 am - Smack In the Middle, NJ
Michelle I really don't know what the formula for excess skin is. I just assume that i would want to be as close as possible to my goal before I start trying to visualize a new me. I can't imagin I will have more than 7 - 10 pounds of skin - I have alot of sag and puckers but not a whole lot hanging( makes me nervous for the insurance coverage) Gotta love that the DH expressed his wishes!!! I am not surprised at his choice either LOL
kimberwhit66
on 2/19/07 2:20 am - Davison, MI
Hi Heather, I'm thinking along the same lines as you and wondering about the same things. I definately want PS... sooner than later, but trying to convince my husband is another thing. I am not sure if anything will be covered (Thinking about Dr. Dinick at Barix as he has so many fans), but wonder if I will get anything covered by insurance..which is now different than the insurance that covered my lap rny. My husband did say maybe this fall I could go to a consultation and see what they say..and what the cost would be for everything I want done.. (At least the tummy and I just want "firmer" boobs..not bigger. I had a reduction 14 years ago and the girls are still shaped nice..just flatter than I would like..not sure what they do about that). Anyway.. if the sky was the limit I would throw a little lipo and definately the arms in. I would like to know what others are thinking on this.. I have about 30 more lbs I would like to lose before a consult..so I better get my butt to the gym and show my husband I'm serious about this!! Blessings, Kim
Robin R.
on 2/19/07 9:38 am - Livonia, MI
My appointment with Dr. Dinick was wonderful! I will be going to one more consultation. To be honest with you, I am very satisfied with Dr. Dinick. I am just waiting to see how much things will cost and how much my insurance will pay for. I told him that the ideal situation would be to have my tummy tuck and BA done all at once. He said that it would be possible as long as my labs were ok. Otherwise I can come back in 3 weeks after my TT and have my breasts done. He told me to take the full 6 weeks off from work and I could always go back sooner. I am SO excited. I have focused so long on the fat/skin below my belly button that I didn't realize how much fat/skin I have above my belly button! So it was a surprise to learn that he recommended an anchor cut for my TT. I will let everyone know how this goes. Like I said, I want to lose 20 more pounds, so he doesn't want to do the surgery yet. He said if I wanted to lose up to 12 more I could do it immediately, but since I want to lose #20 I should wait a bit. Doesn't June sound like a good month? Robin
Jennifer K.
on 2/19/07 10:19 pm - Phoenix , AZ
I am DEINFATELY looking into it. I posted to the PS board and was told if I was wanting plastics at a year out (most surgeons will make you wait) to start doing my homework in March. Ive started to ask around to find out who other WLS patients went to and their experience. Im planning on calling some in the next few weeks to make an appt for consultations. I also wanted to get an idea of cost so I could decide what I really wanted done and what I could live without. I have 28lbs left to goal What I would want done... jeez ready for the list?? under the chin lipod/skin tightened... I have a *slight* turkey neck.... arms done definately... breast lift/possible implants - id rather have them use my own fat if they could, not sure if I need a LBL or if a tummy tuck, thigh lift would take care of the issues. I also have horrible stretch marks under my arm pits above my breasts that need to be treated... I would be too embarassed to wear a tank top they are big thick and very pink! The most important to me at this point is the arms, breasts and tummy and the stretch marks near the arm/breast area.
Carolyn L.
on 2/20/07 6:27 am - Northborough, MA
I have consults with 2 plastic surgeons in April and May. My GYN refered me for a mons/labia lift which she thinks the insurance should cover. I'll talk to them about a tummy tuck and breast lift while I'm there. I'll probably be doing it all 2 or 3 phases. If $$ were no issue I'd also have a butt lift and maybe an enhancement - I have old man ass!! Carolyn 232/131.8/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 626 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 719 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 802 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 656 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views