Not complaining just frustrated.

***AlyCat ***
on 2/19/07 11:46 pm - Panama City, FL
So all my cloths are just too big on me now (that's cool) anyway I'm in sz14 jeans and L shirt for the most part. The other day I decided it was time to get some cloth that fit. So me and a friend go to the mall thinking I can shop at a normal store, ummm I could not have been more wrong! I went to like 5 or 6 different stores and only found one shirt that I like and fit me (I have to ask do skinny chicks not have boobs)? As for finding jeans forget it. Ok so I get really frustrated as stared looking at the plus size again (not liking that) anyway nothing in the plus size fit it all too big... Grrrrrrrrr ok lets get this right, I'm too big for the normal stores yet I'm too small for the plus sizes. Can someone tell me if size 12 is the average woman where in the world are they shopping? I told my hubby I am just going to have to have all my cloths custom made and he laughed, just wait until he founds out I was not joking! LOL Ok rant over I just had to get that out!!!
Peridot_1955
on 2/20/07 4:28 am - Mc Calla, AL
Hi ALYCAT, You sound like me, I'm kinda stuck in the middle somewhere. I find that I can wear the "normal stores stuff" in the hips and booty....but they're a little tight in the waist. I guess it's that extra skin I keep trying to stuff in like my shirt tail.....lol. But I've done pretty good at the Thrift Stores so far. Well as far as dresses, jeans and skirts. I haven't really found a lot in the shirts that I'd wear. But it sure does help to pay $2.98 for a pair of jeans instead of $30 or $40. So I have some pretty good stuff to wear until I can get into the "normal stuff". But I really do get a thrill when I go to the Plus sizes and everthing is soooooo big!!!!! I'll just be glad when I lose these last 20 lbs and then maybe I can do so serious clothes shopping. Hugs, Sherry
KC
on 2/20/07 5:11 am - Houston, TX
I've found 12s and 14s at Kohls. I got some of their inexpensive slacks that have a little give in them. I get jeans at the thrift store. I'm like you though - I have jeans that fit great in the hips and lower, but are a bit tighter at the waist. My 14 pants are now literally hanging from the waist (where they fit fine) off my body. Makes the rest of me look too skinny. I need to lose another 25 pound, but I think this waist is going to have to go via PS.
CyndiU
on 2/20/07 11:31 am - Hartford, SD
Yep - I hear ya. The other thing I've noticed is that the shirts are all very short...and I like a little length. I've found blue jeans work best, but I cannot wear them to class...except when I school has school spirit days. Dress pants are baggy across the thighs and tight at the waist or have pleats that make my tummy look bigger than it is...shows the flab off and that is not what I want to show off.
Jennifer K.
on 2/20/07 9:55 pm - Phoenix , AZ
If you read below your post sounds just like my "complaint of the day". I am in a sz 14 jeans and large shirt as well... I have the exact same complaint about skinny chicks not having boobs jeans - forget it - whats with all this low rise jeans?? I need something to hide the spare tire!!! I had to break down and go to Lane Bryant and buy jeans because I couldnt find any other pair that fit!! I also made the same comment about the size 12 women. I talked to my friend and she suggested checking out NY&Co as well as Limited and Express... apparently they carry 14/16 in bottoms and up to XL shirts and are "true to size" (so Ive heard!!). I broke down and bought a "how to sew your own clothes" book so I am going to see how that works for me. Its so super frustrating to go shopping... Ive been pretty much sticking to Old Navy and Target because I know what to expect when I go there!
ams
on 2/22/07 4:05 pm - Durham, NC
A really great fix for that is to go bigger (I know it can be frustrating :-l) and take them to your local dry cleaners. They take stuff in, out, up, and down for very little. I'm doing that with a lot of my old clothes that I still love. Skirts are anywhere from 8-10 dollars depending on where you go. It beats paying full price for something new.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 626 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 719 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 802 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 656 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views